Andrew Hubberman Podcast: Sleep, dreams, creativity, fasting and neuroplasticity

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

The topic of sleep, dreams, and creativiity, interests me a lot as I'm quite a spiritual guy and I'm fascinated by the human mind and emotions but 3 hours is quite a long session for a podcast so I might have to watch this in sections.

Thanks for posting the link though ;)

darrenG10

darrenG10

Dmt is very interesting that it takes our soul out are body into a different dimension I believe this as many say the exact same thing mushrooms though are seemingly even better than dmt and in higher amount does the same thing but for much longer time never taken either of them but have read about it and know people who’ve used both

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Dmt is very interesting that it takes our soul out are body into a different dimension I believe this as many say the exact same thing mushrooms though are seemingly even better than dmt and in higher amount does the same thing but for much longer time never taken either of them but have read about it and know people who’ve used both

I took a shitload of reccies in my twenties mate and I can honestly say that none of them are a good idea. They alter your brain chemicals and moods permanently for life and the damage is irreversible. I still suffer from an altered outlook on life (and depression) even now 20-30 years later and although I had amazing experiences when I was using reccies I wish I could go back in time and make different life choices.

Drugs are bad. Don't use them !

darrenG10

darrenG10

I took a shitload of reccies in my twenties mate and I can honestly say that none of them are a good idea. They alter your brain chemicals and moods permanently for life and the damage is irreversible. I still suffer from an altered outlook on life (and depression) even now 20-30 years later and although I had amazing experiences when I was using reccies I wish I could go back in time and make different life choices.

Drugs are bad. Don't use them !
Dam sorry to hear question though did you see the afterlife this is the worry it can alert you bad and you’ll never recover but hearing others say it’s life changing also I doubt I will try them

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Dam sorry to hear question though did you see the afterlife this is the worry it can alert you bad and you’ll never recover but hearing others say it’s life changing also I doubt I will try them

I can't say that I ever saw "the afterlife" mate even though I got into some really fucked up states under the influence of mind altering substances but I definitely did see alternate sides to life in parallel universes, had out of body experiences, and went through some really trippy shit that seemed almost real at the time and I still can't forget those experiences or memories. Some people describe using reccy drugs as a form of mental expansion and opening up your mind to make it smarter and better than it is when you're normal but that's just a load of fuckin bullshit. All you are doing is messing with your brain chemicals and fooling yourself into believing that you are actually some sort of higher species with a better view on the world that no normal person can see or comprehend.

I've literally lived on different planets mate and wandered through a fake existence in my own head that was like dreamland and my perfect world...... but none of that shit was actually real.
It was a lot of fun being a druggie with loads of other druggie mates for 4 years though. I can't deny that LOL

Weed, MDMA, Coke, Speed, LSD, Magic Mushrooms.....all very bad drugs !

darrenG10

darrenG10

I can't say that I ever saw "the afterlife" mate even though I got into some really fucked up states under the influence of mind altering substances but I definitely did see alternate sides to life in parallel universes, had out of body experiences, and went through some really trippy shit that seemed almost real at the time and I still can't forget those experiences or memories. Some people describe using reccy drugs as a form of mental expansion and opening up your mind to make it smarter and better than it is when you're normal but that's just a load of fuckin bullshit. All you are doing is messing with your brain chemicals and fooling yourself into believing that you are actually some sort of higher species with a better view on the world that no normal person can see or comprehend.

I've literally lived on different planets mate and wandered through a fake existence in my own head that was like dreamland and my perfect world...... but none of that shit was actually real.
It was a lot of fun being a druggie with loads of other druggie mates for 4 years though. I can't deny that LOL

Weed, MDMA, Coke, Speed, LSD, Magic Mushrooms.....all very bad drugs !
did you ever try ketamine
you’ve opened my eyes then mate I won’t be trying it not something that help me it turn me into a even more crazy idiot lol

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

did you ever try ketamine
you’ve opened my eyes then mate I won’t be trying it not something that help me it turn me into a even more crazy idiot lol

Yes mate but it's a terrilble substance IMO. I only took reccy drugs that gave me some sort of buzz/high and made me feel good but ket is just a really nasty tranquilizer/downer that numbs you and makes you dull and emotionless.

J

Johl_01

Has anybody tried 5-htp for sleep? the body converts 5-htp into 5-ht (serotonin) but at night it's biosynthesised into melatonin and it often gives me vivid dreams. There's also some limited evidence that the increased serotonin is used in your digestive tract to make you feel fuller so I guess it helps with the shred but I'm a bit new to the whole process??

I've read online that 5-htp can boost your fitness regime any additional thoughts?

thnaks

darrenG10

darrenG10

Has anybody tried 5-htp for sleep? the body converts 5-htp into 5-ht (serotonin) but at night it's biosynthesised into melatonin and it often gives me vivid dreams. There's also some limited evidence that the increased serotonin is used in your digestive tract to make you feel fuller so I guess it helps with the shred but I'm a bit new to the whole process??

I've read online that 5-htp can boost your fitness regime any additional thoughts?

thnaks
Have used does it work yes and no.