Any supplement recommendation for Ticking Sounds in Bones

PhillipFrances

PhillipFrances

So I do know it could be because I've been physically inactive for sometime, but I think there's something I'm missing in my diet or it could be something else.

I was looking towards multi vitamins, I'm really novice when it comes to this.

Any advice regarding food, supplements that could be helpful in my case.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Calcium, Vit D, and Iron might help if you've got brittle bones and a poor diet and glucosamine, chondroitin, and hydrolysed collagen might help if the problem is more joint related and not about bone density/gelatin but you'd need to take these supps long term to stand a chance of getting any real benefits from using them. There's also some modern research peptides people are using these days that some users rave about but I've got no experience with those so I can't comment.

You've said you've been inactive for sometime now and tbh that won't be helping you much because if your muscles are weak you will be putting extra stress on bones/joints to support your bodyweight just doing simple things like walking, standing up/sitting down, and carrying out normal everyday activities.
My advice, start getting some regular moderate intensity exercise and eat a varied/balanced diet. You can use supplements too as a booster for vitamins and minerals but wholesome fresh food should be the main priority.

I don't know your age but maybe ask your family members if arthritis or osteoporosis have been common within your relatives as clicking bones might just be a sign of something hereditary you can't do much about. If you're feeling pain as well as hearing clicking sounds....go and see a Doctor.

darrenG10

darrenG10

One thing I will say doctors are useless it’s pain medication which has side effects they won’t further you on and no surgeon will operate

It seems nowadays only way I’s private and abroad.

Genuinely just pointing this out if it’s a old injury

PhillipFrances

PhillipFrances

Calcium, Vit D, and Iron might help if you've got brittle bones and a poor diet and glucosamine, chondroitin, and hydrolysed collagen might help if the problem is more joint related and not about bone density/gelatin but you'd need to take these supps long term to stand a chance of getting any real benefits from using them. There's also some modern research peptides people are using these days that some users rave about but I've got no experience with those so I can't comment.

You've said you've been inactive for sometime now and tbh that won't be helping you much because if your muscles are weak you will be putting extra stress on bones/joints to support your bodyweight just doing simple things like walking, standing up/sitting down, and carrying out normal everyday activities.
My advice, start getting some regular moderate intensity exercise and eat a varied/balanced diet. You can use supplements too as a booster for vitamins and minerals but wholesome fresh food should be the main priority.

I don't know your age but maybe ask your family members if arthritis or osteoporosis have been common within your relatives as clicking bones might just be a sign of something hereditary you can't do much about. If you're feeling pain as well as hearing clicking sounds....go and see a Doctor.

This is really helpful. I did use Vit D capsule, not sure it did any good. Continues it for a month, felt abit better, but don't think it worked long term.

Yes, I've started doing mini workout (as I call them, lol) to get some physical activity in. Started with 15min walks, moving toward situps and 2 - 3 pushups.

I'm close to 30, and no one in my family has arthiritis or osteoporosis. But they are from a literal different generation, rock hard 💪. And no, there's just ticking sounds no pain.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Is there a brand of MSM, I've never heard of it. Will google it for sure.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/VEGAVERO®-Methylsulfonylmethane-Organic-Sulphur-ADDITIVES/dp/B00RCYQUII/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1FBRKYBNUH2MW&keywords=msm+powder&qid=1665733686&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjk4IiwicXNhIjoiMy41MCIsInFzcCI6IjMuNDYifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=msm+%2Caps%2C116&sr=8-3

Using this brand mate

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Yes, I've started doing mini workout (as I call them, lol) to get some physical activity in. Started with 15min walks, moving toward situps and 2 - 3 pushups.

Unless you're seriously obese you should forget about walks and sit ups and switch to exercises that are going to at least provide some resistance and get your blood pumping and get you motivated/feeling the endorphin rush.

Bodyweight Squats and Lunges.
Burpees.
Star Jumps.
Bench (or chair) Dips.
Push ups.
Pull ups/chins.
Toe Touches.
Cycling or Treadmill or Elyptical.

Pick 1 lower body exercise, 1 upper, 1 total body, and 1 finisher (CV).

(you don't need to do loads of sets and reps for any of the above but you should aim to get a full range of strict motion, break a sweat, and be out of breath/at the point of failure. Do this type of training every day or atleast 3 times a week.).

Have you got any kit at home or are you a member of a gym yet? Exactly how out of shape and unfit are you ? Any stats (height/weight/approx bodyfat %) ?

PhillipFrances

PhillipFrances

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VEGAVERO®-Methylsulfonylmethane-Organic-Sulphur-ADDITIVES/dp/B00RCYQUII/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1FBRKYBNUH2MW&keywords=msm+powder&qid=1665733686&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjk4IiwicXNhIjoiMy41MCIsInFzcCI6IjMuNDYifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=msm+%2Caps%2C116&sr=8-3

Using this brand mate
Thank you so much, will do.

PhillipFrances

PhillipFrances

Unless you're seriously obese you should forget about walks and sit ups and switch to exercises that are going to at least provide some resistance and get your blood pumping and get you motivated/feeling the endorphin rush.

Bodyweight Squats and Lunges.
Burpees.
Star Jumps.
Bench (or chair) Dips.
Push ups.
Pull ups/chins.
Toe Touches.
Cycling or Treadmill or Elyptical.

Pick 1 lower body exercise, 1 upper, 1 total body, and 1 finisher (CV).

(you don't need to do loads of sets and reps for any of the above but you should aim to get a full range of strict motion, break a sweat, and be out of breath/at the point of failure. Do this type of training every day or atleast 3 times a week.).

Have you got any kit at home or are you a member of a gym yet? Exactly how out of shape and unfit are you ? Any stats (height/weight/approx bodyfat %) ?

Not obese, but I feel that way lol.

I used to workout like a few years back, after that had to go on a long break, due to reasons.

I've not calculated Body fat, height 5.5, weight will have to check.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Not obese, but I feel that way lol.

I used to workout like a few years back, after that had to go on a long break, due to reasons.

I've not calculated Body fat, height 5.5, weight will have to check.

I think circuit training would be best for you for a couple of months just to activate your muscles again but you should aim to start moderate resistance training (lifting weights) as soon as possible.
Taking supplements isn't going to solve all your joint/bone problems.

PhillipFrances

PhillipFrances

I think circuit training would be best for you for a couple of months just to activate your muscles again but you should aim to start moderate resistance training (lifting weights) as soon as possible.
Taking supplements isn't going to solve all your joint/bone problems.

Perfect, I'll study on it. and try starting, as I've been meaning to for quite sometime now.

I do appreciate all the guide.

Thank you.

I'll keep posted with the progress.