Are collagen supps worth taking?

B

BertyB

I used them to help repair a torn rotator cuff and SLAP. No idea if they helped to be honest.. but the Mrs uses absolute collagen. When she first started using it.. it deffinitely made a bit of a difference to the age lines on her face. Smoothed them out a bit

darrenG10

darrenG10

I’d say it’s worth trying can use chicken beef stock gelatin you buy them in Liddell make a soup out of them high in collagen

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

I used them to help repair a torn rotator cuff and SLAP. No idea if they helped to be honest.. but the Mrs uses absolute collagen. When she first started using it.. it deffinitely made a bit of a difference to the age lines on her face. Smoothed them out a bit
I’d say it’s worth trying can use chicken beef stock gelatin you buy them in Liddell make a soup out of them high in collagen
Appreciate the feedback guys.

Might look into the stock soup idea.. . Never even thought of that 😅

Mitchlowkey

Mitchlowkey

Hiya bud
Having this out with wifey recently after me being a total supp junkie in days gone.
She is studying to become a pediatrician so is eating research.

Apparently these collagen supps are BS as the body makes collagen and it cannot be digested directly as such, however as mentioned, consuming certain foods may enhance the body's ability to produce collagen and therefore may have some positive effects.

Not to be grandad but I am finding more and more that much of that which we desire to enhance/boost, comes from (or should come from) our nutrition and diet layout.
There is much to be said about nutrition and the more I learn I find if we steer away from the bro diet (unless in prep with coach) we can transform our physique, performance and health into a fucking super spartan.
It only means shear dedication to research and experimentation of our own accord preferably.
And guidance in the form of sharing our experiences.

Corr excuse the rant it's been a while ey x