Arnold’s chest was it really a genetic strong point

darrenG10

darrenG10

Arnold’s chest was it really a genetic strong point ? these photos say otherwise as you see in Conan his chest was flat it wouldn’t be like that if gifted 729ED41D 9973 4904 A8A8 F955A77BA390

but during his prime he build the biggest pecs doing the 3x per week for chest volume frequency not weight focus and wide grip pressing for us taller broader shoulder and the stretch deep stretching on pressing flys dips pullovers

nobody has repeated this since so I’m giving it a full year let’s see but i can’t lie my brains saying lift heavy as I feel strong (ego) I need to stick to the plan higher rep range ’m confident it’s the way to the 56inch chest...0E41CFCB FB45 4510 8D87 149163625DE88980B706 F1D5 4EC5 B399 9A5E56941EE66165958E 846F 4965 B79E C04A3CD49B3B

Last edited:
Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

If you look at Arnie compared to the level of the modern day freak show then, Yes, it's easy to call him a twiglet and make him look weak and not at his peak.

That would be sacrilegious and very disrespectful though.

I have to also be honest and say that I think over inflated pecs look fuckin stupid on guys anyway. Pecs look better and more masculine `when they're flat and solid IMO as opposed to looking like tits filled with muscle instead of fat....but that's in the real world and not based on the homo erotic opinions of bodybuilding judges lol

Last edited:
darrenG10

darrenG10

If you look at Arnie compared to the level of the modern day freak show then, Yes, it's easy to call him a twiglet and make him look weak and not at his peak.

That would be sacrilegious and very disrespectful though.

I have to also be honest and say that I think over inflated pecs look fuckin stupid on guys anyway. Pecs look better and more masculine `when they're flat and solid IMO as opposed to looking like tits filled with muscle instead of fat....but that's in the real world and not based on the homo erotic opinions of bodybuilding judges lol
Lol disagree bud I’d kill for arnies chest in 1968 1970s

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Dorian is my all time favourite bodybuilder, probably because he was the guy on the walls down the spit and saw dust when I was leaving school and who inspired me to lift but the 70s/80s era look is by far my favourite one and much better than the mass monster looks of today

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Lol disagree bud I’d kill for arnies chest in 1968 1970s

I respect the effort and dedication it takes to build a beast mate as I've done it myself but it's not a look that I find aesthetically pleasing.
I'm 4 stone lighter than I was when I was bodybuilding and I`m much happier looking in the mirror now than I was back then.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
I respect the effort and dedication it takes to build a beast mate as I've done it myself but it's not a look that I find aesthetically pleasing.
I'm 4 stone lighter than I was when I was bodybuilding and I`m much happier looking in the mirror now than I was back then.
Must of been something you wanted and enjoyed at the time tho mate, what changed for you?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Must of been something you wanted and enjoyed at the time tho mate, what changed for you?

We've all got a different journey into this game but, being honest, I don't think I was ever truly a bodybuilder (i.e someone who's main focus is to be lean and show how much muscle they've got).

I was naturally a very skinny kid (about 11 stone) and then got into drugs and at my lowest point I was about 8 stone of skin and bone. After quitting drugs and starting lifting I built myself up to 13 stone natty and then realised I was a hard gainer that wasn't going to get any bigger so I started on the juice and then got addicted to size/putting on weight. I eventually hit 18-19 stone of pure bulk but then health issues kicked in and my joints literally couldn't cope with the bodyweight I was carrying or handle the weights I was lifting (plus I could barely even walk up the stairs without being out of breath) so that's when it all changed for me mate.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
We've all got a different journey into this game but, being honest, I don't think I was ever truly a bodybuilder (i.e someone who's main focus is to be lean and show how much muscle they've got).

I was naturally a very skinny kid (about 11 stone) and then got into drugs and at my lowest point I was about 8 stone of skin and bone. After quitting drugs and starting lifting I built myself up to 13 stone natty and then realised I was a hard gainer that wasn't going to get any bigger so I started on the juice and then got addicted to size/putting on weight. I eventually hit 18-19 stone of pure bulk but then health issues kicked in and my joints literally couldn't cope with the bodyweight I was carrying or handle the weights I was lifting (plus I could barely even walk up the stairs without being out of breath) so that's when it all changed for me mate.

I think so many of us in this game were somewhat skinny kids or hard gainers mate and inevitably we ended up down this path.

Longevity is the name of the game for me also now mate and after all those years of chasing scale weights and mass, I’m much happier hovering around the 15 stone mark now

darrenG10

darrenG10

I started out at 8 stone 6ft 2 was a rake covered in stretch marks