BEST VALUE FOR MONEY UK PROTEIN SHAKE

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
What is the best value for money protein shake in the uk?
Firstly, how do we define best value for money, since the quality on many brands can be different. We are going to have to take the label claims as true, and thus, for now, lets just focus on the amount of protein per serving.

Serving sizes are very misleading with Protein shakes, for example, we could have a company claiming that each scoop of there protein is a massive 100 grams, but in order to get that 100 grams of Protein, the scoop could be a huge 100 gram scoop!
it really does need some dissecting and analyzing and so i have attempted to do that for you with just a few popular brands that you guys suggested.
We can add brands to the list below, so please, if you see the brand you use not represented here, let me know what it is, and we can do the necessary breakdowns and add to the list.
So without further ado, lets get into the list.

1, (BEST VALUE FOR MONEY)
MY PROTEIN WHEY PROTEIN POWDER
(IMPACT WHEY)
PER 100G = 82grams of Protein costing £1.88

2, TIME FOR NUTRITION WHEY PROTEIN
PER 100G = 71grams of Protein costing £1.72

SCITEC WHEY PROTEIN
PER 100G = 73grams of Protein costing £1.90

4, REFLEX INSTANT WHEY PROTEIN

PER 100G = 80grams of Protein costing £2.40

5, BULK PURE WHEY PROTEIN
PER 100G = 77grams of Protein costing £2.99

6, OPTIMUM NUTRITION GOLD STANDARD WHEY

PER 100G = 84grams of Protein costing £4.80

You can click the products above to go through to the sale page.

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

NXT Pure Whey 2.25kg, £35.99 from Dolphin Fitness. 80.7g protein per 100g

darrenG10

darrenG10

Some of them I don’t think has the amount of protein they claim and if they use l glutamine creatine and aminos it’s a dead give away it’s spiked to give false protein content

Always weigh protein powder on a scale too

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I've used them all at one time or another, always come back to scitec.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
reflex is the best tasting protein ive ever used.
The old peptide fusion was brilliant
Choc nut
Choc mint

Not tried any for years, I find Time4 Nutrition very hard to beat

J

Jags123

What would you say is better ,myprotein isolate or impact? I know isolate light and faster acting but do you think there that much difference ? Yes in price but what about effectiveness? Also multivitamins which ones do you recommend? I do like animal pack but do not take consistently only get them when on offer.

darrenG10

darrenG10

What would you say is better ,myprotein isolate or impact? I know isolate light and faster acting but do you think there that much difference ? Yes in price but what about effectiveness? Also multivitamins which ones do you recommend? I do like animal pack but do not take consistently only get them when on offer.
I think protein powder is far to expensive i understand the reason now as I read why they did it but it’s honestly going to be tough for most to afford it especially if you enjoy drinking more than one shake to get protein in

But to the question if no digestive issues normal whey would be fine mate imo but if lactose issues isolate but from reading they don’t really have much a difference iso little more protein but overall if you can stomach whey concentrate I’d go for that