Blood Pressure

B

BertyB

Hi guys

What's peoples goto supplements for helping lower high blood pressure.
Got a friend at gym who's been put on meds and shes not liking them.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Celery beetroot could help bud I currently don’t do it but many others do have see a nice decline in high blood pressure

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
agree, you be surprised how 5 stalks of fresh celery can bring that number down by 10. i know this as ive done it.
the celery can get boring fast, i used to dip mine in a dip, such as humus.

B

BertyB

Cheers guys.. 5 stalks of celery a day.. with a tasty dip... how much beetroot juice?.. I'm assuming you can buy this in cartons like orange juice comes in.
Thanks.

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
Cheers guys.. 5 stalks of celery a day.. with a tasty dip... how much beetroot juice?.. I'm assuming you can buy this in cartons like orange juice comes in.
Thanks.
Exactly that! Don’t get paranoid when you start pissing blood red lol

Bensif

Bensif

Before you go down the supplement root, look at your sodium and potassium intake first. Don’t be afraid to keep your sodium high, especially given how much we sweat in the gym.

Anywhere from 5500-10000mg of sodium per day depending on carb intake and water. 3500-5500mg potassium, but 7000mg would be optimal. The issue with that is you really need to have quite a lot of potato which can be hard to digest for some.

Optimal salt balance in the body (salt is not just the stiff you put on your food, potassium is a salt) will very likely resolve any potential BP issues you have unless you have an underlying health condition