cream of rice

M

mrproc

Hi I've noticed people using this for breakfast but I cant find much info on its glycemic index etc. is this ok for type 2 diabetics with it being very low in sugar or not? cheers.

Mitchlowkey

Mitchlowkey

Hi I've noticed people using this for breakfast but I cant find much info on its glycemic index etc. is this ok for type 2 diabetics with it being very low in sugar or not? cheers.
I can't answer for the diabetic side of things but it is straight carb and very little fat. Most guys use it with cinnamon to help keep blood stable and could use some gda with it too.
Depending on the timing you could add some peanut butter or something to it to slow it down as well but cinnamon is the one

Bensif

Bensif

It’s high on the glycemic index but the GI is flawed. It doesn’t account for the impact of other foods consumed at the same meal.

Id add some fruit and a nut butter which will drastically slow the absorption.

Also don’t buy the expensive stuff from nutrition sites. It’s just ground up rice. I buy 1kg for 99p of ground rice.

M

mrproc

ok thank you very much for the replies :). Going to have a look at grinding different types of rice myself and adding ingredients you've suggested.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Like benesif said can buy from the shops but if adding it into whey shakes blending is a must still

Morrisons sell it £1 6A3F7BDC 5A9D 42EC A63B B702EF2AC749