Easy protein cookie recipe

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Sounds yummy but the peanut butter to protein powder ratio should be reversed for a more biscuit-like texture. I'd probably use half that amount of sweetener and use maltodextrin or dextrose powder instead and add a splash of milk/single cream to loosen the mix. I usually bake a big batch of power bars every weekend :)
Last week I did pistachio. cranberry, spinach, chia seed and brandy, but I baked it as a loaf for slicing instead of making cookies/bars.

Dbol Squirrel

Dbol Squirrel

Easy and tasty

200g Smooth Peanut Butter
150g Sweetener
100g Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Large Egg
50g Choc Chips (optional)

Mix all ingredients together, ball dough into 12 portions and bake for approx 15 mins.

Enjoy 😊
What sweetener do you use?
I've not looked into it but some are healthier than others.
My dad was told by doctor that Stevia is one of the good ones for not spiking insulin.
Being as he's now diabetic

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Yeah I use stevia. I usually just buy the stuff from tesco but obviously there's better deals online.

Honey can be a nice sweetener substitute in some recipes. Twice as sweet as sugar and you only need half the amount. Low GI too.

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

Honey can be a nice sweetener substitute in some recipes. Twice as sweet as sugar and you only need half the amount. Low GI too.
To be honest there's a lot of substitutes that could make this better ( as you said, like dextrose or maltodextrin)..... I'm just super lazy and buy the basic stuff from tesco 😅👍

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

To be honest there's a lot of substitutes that could make this better ( as you said, like dextrose or maltodextrin)..... I'm just super lazy and buy the basic stuff from tesco 😅👍

I'm not criticising your recipe bro so don't get the wrong idea ;)