Expired gear

• Thread starter Functional Fitness
  • Start date
Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

How many months or years after the expiry date would it take for you to get rid of old gear that you hadn't used? A mate of mine just started his first cycle in 10 years with BD test/deca and naposim dbols but the test/deca expired in 2003/2005.
I reckon the gear will still be good and told him not to worry but in the back of my mind I'm wondering how long is too long for expired gear :unsure:
What do you guys think?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Orals wouldn’t bother me what date was on the tub but oils I would probably Chuck after a year

For what the price is these days it’s a no brainer really mate

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Orals wouldn’t bother me what date was on the tub but oils I would probably Chuck after a year

For what the price is these days it’s a no brainer really mate

A year seems a bit quick for oils mate but the guy has been out of the scene for so long and won't buy any new gear so he only wants advice about using the old BD (British Dragon) vials he's stil got. I already told him I'd bin it and move forward but he doesn't want to listen so I was just wondering if you guys agreed. I personally wouldn't bother using gear from 15 years ago.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
A year seems a bit quick for oils mate but the guy has been out of the scene for so long and won't buy any new gear so he only wants advice about using the old BD (British Dragon) vials he's stil got. I already told him I'd bin it and move forward but he doesn't want to listen so I was just wondering if you guys agreed. I personally wouldn't bother using gear from 15 years ago.
Oh absolutely mate oils would be fine 12 months after the label expiry date I was just saying what I’m personally like.

15 years though? Come on mate, for the price of a Chinese set meal for 2 you can grab a 10ml Test Cyp

Ask him to sign up on here mate and fire some questions off, get some traffic going and some topics covered 👍🏻

TreneBrahh

TreneBrahh

Test is so cheap today that I wouldn't personally risk using gear that is 15 years old. A max of 5 years past the date for oils, but 15? Nope!

Last edited:
Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I did a bit of research into this today and came across some interesting info about tests done by the FDA for the US Dept of Defence in a program called SLEP.

The link is here but I've copied the SLEP info that I found interesting.

Do expired medications lose their potency?​

The best evidence suggesting that some drugs can last past their expiration date is from the Shelf Life Extension Program (SLEP) undertaken by the FDA for the Department of Defense.2,7,11

The original purpose of the SLEP program was twofold: to determine the actual shelf life of stockpiled military medications for future use, and to save government dollars.5

• Over 3000 lots, representing 122 different drug products, were assessed in the SLEP program. Potency, pH, water content, dissolution, physical appearance, or presence of impurities were assessed.
  • Based on stability data, expiration dates on 88% of the lots were extended beyond their original expiration date for an average of 66 months. Of these, roughly 12% more lots remained stable for at least 4 years after the expiration date. Of these 2652 lots, only 18% were terminated due to failure.11
  • Examples of common drug products that were tested with no failures included amoxicillin, ciprofloxacin, diphenhydramine, and morphine sulfate injection. Drug expiration extension dates on these products ranged from 12 months to 184 months (over 15 years).8 Biologics are not included in the SLEP program.
  • Potassium iodide, which has been stockpiled in the US for a radiation emergency, has shown no significant degradation over many years.11
  • In June 2020, FDA stated that expirations dates could be extended for certain stockpiled influenza antivirals such as Tamiflu (oseltamivir) 75 mg capsules and Relenza (zanamivir) if stored under labeled conditions and for emergency use in individual states.7 Expiration dates could potentially be extended for 15 years for Tamiflu and 10 years for Relenza.7
Also, testing reported in The Medical Letter showed that many medications were still potent decades beyond their expiration dates. The authors note that there are no published reports of human toxicity due to ingestion, injection, or topical application of a current drug formulation after its expiration date.11

These results suggest that many drug products may have extended shelf lives beyond their expiration date. However, it is difficult for any one consumer or health care provider to know which product in a medicine cabinet could have an extended shelf life or expiration date.

The ability for a drug to have an extended shelf life would be dependent upon the actual drug ingredients, presence of preservatives, temperature fluctuations, light, humidity, and other storage conditions. Additionally, the drug lots tested in the SLEP program were kept in their original packaging. Once a drug is repackaged into another container, as often happens in the pharmacy, the shelf-life could decline due to environmental variations.3

darrenG10

darrenG10

i think of it like this the oil used is cooking oils sesame mct grape seed it goes off eventually but I think since it’s sterile it can last a few years but personally would use another vile if 15 years sitting

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Interesting, I've used expired gear oral & oils, but obviously not to that extent of expiry

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Interesting, I've used expired gear oral & oils, but obviously not to that extent of expiry

One thing to take away from this post is that if you ever find bulk stocks of real yellow decas, schering primo, testex, testoviron, anabol and dispensary gear, you should buy it all.

Good investment.

darrenG10

darrenG10

One thing to take away from this post is that if you ever find bulk stocks of real yellow decas, schering primo, testex, testoviron, anabol and dispensary gear, you should buy it all.

Good investment.
Only issue them deca are 50mg per ml I think or 100mg per ml lot of oil rather use 300mg per ml same with eq no point using vet grade if you could get it 50mg per ml far to much oil

Anabol is still going strong but hard to get out of Thailand

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Only issue them deca are 50mg per ml I think or 100mg per ml lot of oil rather use 300mg per ml same with eq no point using vet grade if you could get it 50mg per ml far to much oil

Anabol is still going strong but hard to get out of Thailand

Yellow Org deca was 200mg/2ml mate so 100mg/ml in reality but we can use Norma as an alternative for a good investment for expired gear too if it's proven legit :)

Anabol (dispensary) is very risky imo just like pronabol p-5 is risky too but still available.