For F***S Sake

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I've just blown my knee out with my 1st injury in a decade and I wasn't even training/lifting. Guess how?

Rehab is now required for this :mad:(n)

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Walking down the stairs?

I was in Asda getting some porridge oats from the bottom shelf of a rack that hadn’t been fully stacked yet so I had to go down on one knee at a weird angle to reach the back of the shelf.
As I go to stand up again I put all my weight on to the ball of my foot instead of my heel and on a slightly sideways/odd angle too so my right knee popped out of the socket a bit and I reckon I’ve torn a tendon. There’s no swelling so it’s not a full ACL rupture but I’m in a lot of pain now and have had to wrap the knee to keep it stable. A functional fuck up on my part and just goes to show the importance of using proper form even when just doing basic every day movements.

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
I was in Asda getting some porridge oats from the bottom shelf of a rack that hadn’t been fully stacked yet so I had to go down on one knee at a weird angle to reach the back of the shelf.
As I go to stand up again I put all my weight on to the ball of my foot instead of my heel and on a slightly sideways/odd angle too so my right knee popped out of the socket a bit and I reckon I’ve torn a tendon. There’s no swelling so it’s not a full ACL rupture but I’m in a lot of pain now and have had to wrap the knee to keep it stable. A functional fuck up on my part and just goes to show the importance of using proper form even when just doing basic every day movements.

Proper form for every day life is something that becomes more and more important with age sadly. lol - we are slowly wearing our bodies out, but then the human body is only designed to last 30ish years...

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Proper form for every day life is something that becomes more and more important with age sadly. lol - we are slowly wearing our bodies out, but then the human body is only designed to last 30ish years...

It's no joke getting older is it mate lol.
The mind is willing but the flesh is weak :(

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

@Donndt

Thanks.

It turned out to not be as serious as I thought. Knee is back to normal already but I think at my age there must be some deterioration of cartilage happening now so I'll be careful about twisting and putting too much pressure on my knees in future.

Last edited:
ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Good to hear that your knee has recovered.
I had to give up deep squats a while ago, in fact I've now dropped barbell squats completely due to knee issues.
Just about crippled myself recently after heavy pendulum squats. That was a mistake I won't be repeating.
I can still do heavy leg press, hack/v/belt squats & extensions pain free, so I've had to base my leg workouts around these movements.
Getting old is shit.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Not barbell squatted for a long time now, I pre exhaust on the keg extension and jump on the hack squat…..brutal