Forearm workouts/exercises

K

Kompany4

Staff member
@darrenG10 has strongly recommended me implement these now since enduring terrible tennis elbow, plus who doesn’t love thick forearms?

Something I have never included specifically, so if you have any tips or YouTube links to some please feel free to add in here, I’d appreciate them massively!!

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I snapped both my wrists when I was young falling off a swing and they never fully healed so the only forearm isolation movement I can do without "clicking" is behind the back wrist curls.
I got my best results from strict reverse barbell curls but the size was all in the upper forerams not lower/wrist area.

darrenG10

darrenG10

In the strech postion youd do without weight to help the tendon apply the same thing with a cable and curl it with a straight arm outwards and dumbbell work

4x20 reps

The photo turn arm around to curl the cable

Attachments

• D0B2C32C-3227-4F5E-B811-7597645D3B75.png
    D0B2C32C-3227-4F5E-B811-7597645D3B75.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 6

Mindtomuscle

Cheers for these I will do them as struggling with tennis elbow badly at mo

A

aqfsports

According to Fitness Experts Forearm workouts and exercises can help to improve overall upper body strength, enhance grip strength, and help with everyday tasks that involve gripping and holding. Incorporating exercises such as wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, farmer's walks, and grip squeezes into a workout routine can help to build forearm strength and endurance.

It is important to note that everyone's fitness goals and needs are different, and it's always best to consult with a qualified fitness professional to determine the best exercises and workout routine for your specific needs and goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
darrenG10

darrenG10

According to Fitness Experts Forearm workouts and exercises can help to improve overall upper body strength, enhance grip strength, and help with everyday tasks that involve gripping and holding. Incorporating exercises such as wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, farmer's walks, and grip squeezes into a workout routine can help to build forearm strength and endurance.

It is important to note that everyone's fitness goals and needs are different, and it's always best to consult with a qualified fitness professional to determine the best exercises and workout routine for your specific needs and goals.
Yeah let’s all go to a qualified fitness personal trainer they understand training.

A

aqfsports

Wrist curls: This exercise targets the forearm flexors. Sit on a bench with your forearms resting on a bench, palms facing up, and holding a barbell or dumbbells. Curl the weight up towards your forearms and then lower it back down slowly.

Reverse wrist curls: This exercise targets the forearm extensors. Sit on a bench with your forearms resting on a bench, palms facing down, and holding a barbell or dumbbells. Curl the weight up towards your forearms and then lower it back down slowly.

Farmer's walks: This exercise targets the grip strength and forearms. Hold a heavy pair of dumbbells or kettlebells and walk for a set distance or time.

Plate pinches: This exercise targets the grip strength and forearms. Hold two weight plates together with the smooth sides facing out, and pinch them together for a set time or number of reps.

Cable wrist curls: This exercise targets the forearm flexors. Sit on a bench with your forearms resting on the bench and holding a cable attachment with a straight bar. Curl the weight up towards your forearms and then lower it back down slowly.

Cable reverse wrist curls: This exercise targets the forearm extensors. Sit on a bench with your forearms resting on the bench and holding a cable attachment with a straight bar. Curl the weight up towards your forearms and then lower it back down slowly.

Towel pull-ups: This exercise targets the grip strength and forearms. Hang a towel over a pull-up bar and grip the ends of the towel instead of the bar. Perform pull-ups in this position.