Getting old is shit

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Sunday is chest day for me.
Workout this Sunday was going fine until I thought it would be a good idea to try something different to finish off.
Dips, not done them for ages, always used to do them.
First set not great, felt really awkward but no problem, second set will he better or so I thought.
Start lowering to 90 degrees, then felt something click in my shoulder & instant pain.
Shoulder fucked again & another excercise consigned to the bin.
So dips is now added to the list of squats, skull crushers, military press & flat bench press.
Pain easing off a bit now but who knows how long this is going to keep my out of the gym.....

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Sunday is chest day for me.
Workout this Sunday was going fine until I thought it would be a good idea to try something different to finish off.
Dips, not done them for ages, always used to do them.
First set not great, felt really awkward but no problem, second set will he better or so I thought.
Start lowering to 90 degrees, then felt something click in my shoulder & instant pain.
Shoulder fucked again & another excercise consigned to the bin.
So dips is now added to the list of squats, skull crushers, military press & flat bench press.
Pain easing off a bit now but who knows how long this is going to keep my out of the gym.....

I know how you feel mate.
I'm currently out of action/not training and in a rehab phase trying to heal a sciatica issue in my left leg and lower back. I'm hobbling around like a pensioner at the moment and just doing stretching/flexibility exercises 2-3 times a day with some very light intensity indoor static cycling and short walks.

The strange thing is though...this injury didn't even happen during training. I stood up after being sat at a desk in a hard chair for about 6 hours and "TWANG"...game over :mad:

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Sorry to hear it lads, injuries are a right pain in the ass.

@ADAM1 would you say it could maybe be wear and tear over the years of lifting heavy and it catching up with you mate?

We punish ourselves from day one and shifting ridiculous amounts of iron don’t we.

Dips are also a no go for me these days a long with skullcrushers but down to my elbow not shoulder.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I know how you feel mate.
I'm currently out of action/not training and in a rehab phase trying to heal a sciatica issue in my left leg and lower back. I'm hobbling around like a pensioner at the moment and just doing stretching/flexibility exercises 2-3 times a day with some very light intensity indoor static cycling and short walks.

The strange thing is though...this injury didn't even happen during training. I stood up after being sat at a desk in a hard chair for about 6 hours and "TWANG"...game over :mad:
I feel your pain mate, we're a couple of old crocks....

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Sorry to hear it lads, injuries are a right pain in the ass.

@ADAM1 would you say it could maybe be wear and tear over the years of lifting heavy and it catching up with you mate?

We punish ourselves from day one and shifting ridiculous amounts of iron don’t we.

Dips are also a no go for me these days a long with skullcrushers but down to my elbow not shoulder.
Yea without doubt mate.
I'm generally really careful nowadays but every now & again I have a mad moment & pay the price.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

we're a couple of old crocks....

I hate admitting it, but yeah, I reckon I'm not too far away from a zimmer frame and a mobility scooter mate lol.
I've got 1 foot in the grave and the grim reaper has got his eyes on me...