Hello 👋

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

I used to spend half my life on the forums, mostly Muscletalk until it closed in 2019. When it did, it left a significant hole in my life, that Social media just doesn’t plug. I’ll try and outline my 33 year gym journey in useful bullet points …🤔

• Fat Kid/bloke
  • Joined gym, got into half decent shape.
  • Trained and competed at strongman
  • gradually got fatter
  • became obese former strongman, convinced that the obesity didn’t matter as I was strong …(even though I wasn’t)
  • Got Diabetic
  • Reversed the Diabetes with Keto, lost 106lbs and got in half decent shape (for me)
  • Loved life
Then, shit happened…. I put 70 of the 106lbs back on 😢. Stress, illness, and family trauma (won’t bore you with the details)

So now it’s time to put it all right …again.

just in case anyone from MT is knocking around - although I think I got on with most, it’s possible you thought I was a bit of cock? Or maybe I thought you were? 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, the point is, I’ve grown up a lot since then, and you probably have too, so let’s draw a line under it and start again, eh?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I used to spend half my life on the forums, mostly Muscletalk until it closed in 2019. When it did, it left a significant hole in my life, that Social media just doesn’t plug. I’ll try and outline my 33 year gym journey in useful bullet points …🤔

• Fat Kid/bloke
  • Joined gym, got into half decent shape.
  • Trained and competed at strongman
  • gradually got fatter
  • became obese former strongman, convinced that the obesity didn’t matter as I was strong …(even though I wasn’t)
  • Got Diabetic
  • Reversed the Diabetes with Keto, lost 106lbs and got in half decent shape (for me)
  • Loved life
Then, shit happened…. I put 70 of the 106lbs back on 😢. Stress, illness, and family trauma (won’t bore you with the details)

So now it’s time to put it all right …again.

just in case anyone from MT is knocking around - although I think I got on with most, it’s possible you thought I was a bit of cock? Or maybe I thought you were? 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, the point is, I’ve grown up a lot since then, and you probably have too, so let’s draw a line under it and start again, eh?

I had a feeling you were from MT when I saw your name and avatar but I'm fairly sure you were Dr.Zoidberg before?

Welcome :)

I used to be a dickhead too. The past is the past though. No drama on here...

Bonus

Bonus

Administrator
Staff member
Great introduction, good luck in the pursuit of your goals, and welcome :)

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Thanks guys!

Yes that’s right, it was Dr Zoidberg on MT.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Muscletalk until it closed in 2019

Muscletalk ended for me in about 2010 when that plonker PartyBoy banned me for an opinion he didn't like. I used to read as a guest after that sometimes but never went back/registered again. Made some good mates over the years on MT though...

Last edited: