How much red meat do you consume?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Daily or weekly and is it really as bad for us as some are trying to tell us now days?

Personally I’ll have at least one portion per day and if I could- More

darrenG10

darrenG10

When they say redmeat being bad I’m not quite sure the reasons I understand it’s not a lean meat but you always ask the bigger guys they swear they grew the biggest on red meats whole eggs

if we go back to the 70s full eggs burgers where a huge staple in diets for mass along with cottage cheese which is so good on a baked potato lol

i was consuming it daily but I’n mince form 200g mince but I do enjoy salmon aldi do it 2 piece for 3.40 it’s brilliant not redmeat but worth it

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

The topic title probably should've said red and not read but I'll skip past that triviality.

The only red meat I eat these days is skinny burgers from Sainsburys as there's literally no fat content.

Toby carvery on Sundays (y)

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
very rare for me to eat red meat.
maybe half a pound a week tops.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

maybe half a pound a week tops.

That weight is about the same as the supersized-jumbo roast lamb platter I get at carveries most weekends. I can live without beef, pork, duck, and venison etc but lamb is just so fucking tasty it's impossible not to have it occasionally as a little luxury.
I even eat all the crispy fat. Screw my cholesterol levels lol

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Lamb is my absolute favourite choice of meat, however it is a rare delight these days and hardly ever from the local butcher (which isn’t like me) anymore due to the astronomical price rise.

My local butcher was honest with me as well and said they do not make much profit at all now off a full lamb, what they pay for it and all the labour of cutting it up and boning it out, the profit on one isn’t at all worth it anymore.