Mini update.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Just thought I would give a quick mini update since resuming the gym after such a long time out due to operations and tendonitis.

One word………. ELEMENT

Absolutely in it, each and every morning lads.

The smell, the sounds, the music, just the environment in general but more so the routine and having my passion back and routine, very big on routine, when my routine goes to pot so does everything else.

Lifting light has so far been enjoyable, only one lift where I have thought- go on, go a little heavier and then I think is it worth it, imagine another 5-6 months out without this hobby that I have loved since being in high school.

Lifts have gone up only ever so slightly from what I posted in my healing thread but I will never and I must stress the word never, exceed any weight that I know will make me regret it.

Im enjoying a new way of training, high reps, less rest, time under tension.

The burn is there the same as if the barbell had 120kg on it or just the 40kg

Once we hit that zone that’s where it counts, it’s just taking me a little bit longer to get to that zone but with the kids back in school next week I’ll have an extra half hour anyway to add on to my sessions without the need to rush.

See ya’ll at the Olympia pmsl, nah it’s good to be back guys and thanks to each and every one of you who have encouraged along the way, top bunch 👍🏻

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I'm glad you found the passion again mate but don't chase numbers/big lifts anymore. I wish I could still do strict dumbbell hammer curls with 50kg and shoulder press 100kg and squat 4 plates for reps but I'd never even attempt to get close to those numbers these days.

At a certain age it's more important to just do some regular exercise, use all your muscles, look good, and feel good about yourself.

Trying to be a pro bber or the worlds strongest/biggest man is a young mans game mate.....

darrenG10

darrenG10

I'm glad you found the passion again mate but don't chase numbers/big lifts anymore. I wish I could still do strict dumbbell hammer curls with 50kg and shoulder press 100kg and squat 4 plates for reps but I'd never even attempt to get close to those numbers these days.

At a certain age it's more important to just do some regular exercise, use all your muscles, look good, and feel good about yourself.

Trying to be a pro bber or the worlds strongest/biggest man is a young mans game mate.....
But do you even think that weight is needed ?
I don’t now I think like Kom is doing less rest that crazy pump is best no tendon strains

I just got ultrasound my tendons are horrific so bad no full tears just micro why I got so much calcium but will soon if I lift heavy

steroids degrade our tendons make them brittle weak biggest mistake going too heavy high reps now.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

But do you even think that weight is needed ?
I don’t now I think like Kom is doing less rest that crazy pump is best no tendon strains

I just got ultrasound my tendons are horrific so bad no full tears just micro why I got so much calcium but will soon if I lift heavy

steroids degrade our tendons make them brittle weak biggest mistake going too heavy high reps now.

Big weights are not important.