Motivation

M

Mitchb

Staff member
Hey guys your thoughts after a good few months away from the gym due to an operation I personally am struggling going from lifting good weight to nothing at all really how do you guys get your gym mojo back I know it will kick back in but right now feeling very un motivated

T

Thecoms

Its hard work for 2 weeks , you feel like you look shite , your weights are down , then it starts to turn around ? Weights go up and you feel better 😊
Tough it out then you suddenly realise you actually want to go to the gym.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Begin a cycle when it’s planned it gives motivation
Write out the diet you want too follow this gives motivation
write out the training plan this gives motivation

The above are what motivates me then the few week period too start getting used too the weight and then thinking within 6 weeks you’ll feel and see the muscle memory

M

Mitchb

Staff member
I have had the odd month off with no real issues but this was 6 month break 😳 but yes always after 6-7 I'm.usully happy and muscle memory kicks in it's just that first few weeks are shit appreciate the feedback diet plan in place and work outs on paper and fresh cycle started I'm gonna smash this just got to get over the hump

S

SamJ91

Agree with Darren, planning is a great motivator for me.
Diet, training, cycle.
Set a longer-term target or goal and then implement it in smaller achievable steps, recording progress, this will keep you motivated and focussed, consistency is key.
Don't get discouraged if you have a shit week.
Targets aren't always meant to be reached but serve as something for us to aim for.
Keeping some kind of journal helps me, logging weights, measurements, nutrition, even photos etc this helps keep you honest and focussed on progression.
Good luck mate, it will return, keep at it! 💪

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys your thoughts after a good few months away from the gym due to an operation I personally am struggling going from lifting good weight to nothing at all really how do you guys get your gym mojo back I know it will kick back in but right now feeling very un motivated
same reply as everyone else, jumping on a small cycle usually starts the process for me.
but of course, its not till you see the changes in the mirror before your motivation really starts to pick up.
just keep plodding onwards, have you got any dates in the diary you can aim at? eg a holiday

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Honestly, whenever I'm struggling for motivation I always look at best case and worst case scenarios first.

Best case? I'm going to feel better and look better with regular exercise even if the gains I make aren't big or noticeable to others.

Worst case? My health will decline rapidly and I'll keep looking and feeling worse and worse as time goes on until eventually i'll be a fat fucking loser sitting on the sofa watching Eastenders and eating junk food every night before bed.