darrenG10

darrenG10

Rules to training and my thoughts

1.get stronger to a certain point
2.full range of motion
3.find movements that works
4.less is better 3 on 1 of
5. 4-5 days per week

What I believe is once you reach let’s take bench for example getting up to a 315lbs (140kg) there is no benefit to chest muscle development this is enough weight to provide stimulus every workout to keep breaking muscles down it’s enough load on the tissue use this weight week in week out month in month out etc same applies to squat 4 plate row 3 plate control slow squeeze (nick walker) style

Believe me coming from someone who’s strong it serves no purpose as bodybuilders to built more strength which can lead to injury this weight will be the max to keep breaking the muscles down to keep growing each week keep it intense and to failure 2 hard working sets 8-10 big muscles 4-6 smaller rep range big muscles 8-12-15 smaller 12-15

Then rest take days of get in enough micro macro protein carbs fats veggies calories keep hydrated

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Agree mate, 1 rep max's for instance, are great for the ego but not bodybuilding.
Learned a long time ago that they are a short route to injury.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Agree mate, 1 rep max's for instance, are great for the ego but not bodybuilding.
Learned a long time ago that they are a short route to injury.
Absolutely bud I think we’ve all been there and got carried away with weight but less rest high reps is far harder and feels better the pump burn supersets drop sets are a stable in my training and I always feel the muscle explode no joint pain

Bensif

Bensif

I’d agree with this. I’d only add 2 points:

- don’t treat all muscles the same. Like with rep ranges, some muscles will respond better to heavier negative work such as triceps and hamstrings when you consider their function.
- take the inertia out of movements if you want to get the most out of your time in the gym. Not everyone can train like branch and respond. Pausing at both the fully lengthened and shortened positions aids this and will ensure you’re actually moving the load with the target muscle, rather than everything else

All of the above as well as don’t overthink it. I like to read the ‘science stuff’ but I can’t help feel that all this RIR stuff has just led to paralysis by analysis

darrenG10

darrenG10

I’d agree with this. I’d only add 2 points:

- don’t treat all muscles the same. Like with rep ranges, some muscles will respond better to heavier negative work such as triceps and hamstrings when you consider their function.
- take the inertia out of movements if you want to get the most out of your time in the gym. Not everyone can train like branch and respond. Pausing at both the fully lengthened and shortened positions aids this and will ensure you’re actually moving the load with the target muscle, rather than everything else

All of the above as well as don’t overthink it. I like to read the ‘science stuff’ but I can’t help feel that all this RIR stuff has just led to paralysis by analysis
I don’t believe hamstring is more a load issue to many overload the hamstring and it’s all lower back and over rush the reps without proper contraction it’s exactly like the bicep less weight is needed imo more volume intensity

Bensif

Bensif

I don’t believe hamstring is more a load issue to many overload the hamstring and it’s all lower back and over rush the reps without proper contraction it’s exactly like the bicep less weight is needed imo more volume intensity
I think there’s a difference between using too much weight and using a weight that causes you to fail at a lower rep range.

I completely agree with many having poor hamstrings from not knowing how to load them properly. I see that all the time.

But if you look at the fibre type / make up and the function (decelerate ), they tend to respond to loading the negative portion of the rep.

Interesting that you have a different view though. I share your opinion on biceps; less weight, blood volume, intensity.

darrenG10

darrenG10

I think there’s a difference between using too much weight and using a weight that causes you to fail at a lower rep range.

I completely agree with many having poor hamstrings from not knowing how to load them properly. I see that all the time.

But if you look at the fibre type / make up and the function (decelerate ), they tend to respond to loading the negative portion of the rep.

Interesting that you have a different view though. I share your opinion on biceps; less weight, blood volume, intensity.
Yeah I think with training it’s also very individual like I’ve done rdl 320kg with absolutely zero hamstrings lol now I do just curl variations and they are growing no rdl