Needle size

Calreedo

Calreedo

Just a quick query for you guys. Does anyone pin glutes with a purple 1 inch? I generally use blue for glutes but was curious to know if anyone tries anything different?

darrenG10

darrenG10

Always a blue just shot 5ml there into the glutes no issues

Calreedo

Calreedo

Thanks Darren. I’m going through a phase of having issues with my sites. Nothings changed. Same equipment same oil same everything but just seem to be getting the odd minor flare up

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

Thanks Darren. I’m going through a phase of having issues with my sites. Nothings changed. Same equipment same oil same everything but just seem to be getting the odd minor flare up
I get this with delts, sometimes where I end up not training.... and I use a slin. I think it's just one of those things that happens over time.

S

SamJ91

Swapped to 24G purples with low dead space Leur lock barrels several years ago, never looked back.
If you warm up oil prior to jab it's the perfect size imo.
Orange 1" too small.
Not as fast delivery as a green but its not a race lol
If your pinning frequently why use anything larger then necessary and increase chances of scarring?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

If your pinning frequently why use anything larger then necessary and increase chances of scarring?

This^^^ (y)

Blues for me though.

Have you considered micro dosing sub-q?

Calreedo

Calreedo

This^^^ (y)

Blues for me though.

Have you considered micro dosing sub-q?
Yeah man for sure. I think my initial though was would a smaller gauge (purple) and shorter length (1inch) maybe be slightly less intrusive than a 1.5 blue for glutes. It was just a thought I’d see if anyone else had had. Like Darren said - delts seem to just occasionally get a bit touchy with me even with a small purple 1 inch. But thank you for your insight. I have considered microdosing sub-q on a cruise but haven’t given it enough of a look to make a decision for myself. How do you get one with it mate (if you do that)

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Yeah man for sure. I think my initial though was would a smaller gauge (purple) and shorter length (1inch) maybe be slightly less intrusive than a 1.5 blue for glutes. It was just a thought I’d see if anyone else had had. Like Darren said - delts seem to just occasionally get a bit touchy with me even with a small purple 1 inch. But thank you for your insight. I have considered microdosing sub-q on a cruise but haven’t given it enough of a look to make a decision for myself. How do you get one with it mate (if you do that)

I don't use much gear these days mate and when I do it's almost always long esters so daily shots aren't an issue for me anymore (thank fuck!!!).

TBH though I don't think needle depth or thickness matters all that much doing I-M. Once you break the surface and get into muscle you are doing damage and causing scar tissue build up regardless of the pin size.

mothertrucker

mothertrucker

use a heat pack and massage the area with the palm of your hand allowing thicker oils to disperse better. warm the oil in your hand or under the armpit in the vial before preparing and administering.

TreneBrahh

TreneBrahh

Started out with 23g Blue, then switched to 25g Orange. Haven't looked back since. I think a 23 would feel like a harpoon gun now.

Crasher

Crasher

Ventro glutes are good if you need to rotate injection sites.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Orange for me as well whenever possible.
Always use the smallest gauge possible even if it takes a little longer

T

Thecoms

Always used green to draw and blue to pin as that is what we we taught to do ?
Swapped over to orange last couple of months and it works fine , takes a little longer but not that much ? Also swapped to leur lock as used to get the occassional blow back and lose the contents 😊

M

Micktb

I microdose daily using always slin pins

I'm pretty lean so never had any issues

Triceps / lats / pecs / delts / quads

10 sites above I use