Power Rack Recommendations?

N

NiceRackHunter

Hey all just starting to build a home gym and the time has come to get a nice big rack.
There are a lot of different options on Amazon and eBay from brands I've never heard of so I was wondering if someone here could suggest a sturdy, secure and reliable rack with a pull bar, preferably with a pulley attached - OR under £700 so I can splurge on a cable machine (actually that's why I got kicked of my local gym)🤣
Thanks guys love you
💓

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I've had a few over the years but they take up a lot of space so (firstly) are you lifting weights heavy enough to need a rack and (secondly) have you got a garage or spare room that you can dedicate for fitness gear ?

N

NiceRackHunter

I've had a few over the years but they take up a lot of space so (firstly) are you lifting weights heavy enough to need a rack and (secondly) have you got a garage or spare room that you can dedicate for fitness gear ?
Thanks for the reply! Yes I've been training for around 5 years now and I have a build in the garden around 4m x 5m with 2.5m height to dedicate to a home gym

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

What do you squat, bench, and deadlift? I'm assuming you plan to train alone with no partner? Is it actually a proper power rack/multigym you need or just a cage with safety bars and the option to attach a low pulley row?
There's so many different levels of kit you could buy so it really depends if you need heavy duty commercial gear that will be bolted to the floor/wall or just something mid range suitable for average lifters.

N

NiceRackHunter

What do you squat, bench, and deadlift? I'm assuming you plan to train alone with no partner? Is it actually a proper power rack/multigym you need or just a cage with safety bars and the option to attach a low pulley row?
There's so many different levels of kit you could buy so it really depends if you need heavy duty commercial gear that will be bolted to the floor/wall or just something mid range suitable for average lifters.
Planning to train alone, I weigh 75kg and my 5x5 lifts are
Bench: 110kg
Squat: 140kg
Deadlift: 190kg

Would like something heavy duty ideally so I can start increasing the numbers on my lifts - I'm currently torn between Mirafit M200 or M3 - but still looking for alternatives

Also considering this from Again Faster

Last edited:
Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Planning to train alone, I weigh 75kg and my 5x5 lifts are
Bench: 110kg
Squat: 140kg
Deadlift: 190kg

Would like something heavy duty ideally so I can start increasing the numbers on my lifts - I'm currently torn between Mirafit M200 or M3 - but still looking for alternatives

Also considering this from Again Faster

Mirafit is a trusted brand name for home gym kit but I don't like the design of the safety bars/grabbers on those 2 models you mentioned.
If you want to save a few quid and you don't mind a few scratches etc have you done a search on Ebay for used commercial gym equipment? I saved a lot of money on a leg extension, leg press, and a cable cross over, buying 2nd hand and there are always people/gyms getting rid of and upgrading old equipment.