Recomp

A

Aris

I m on 100mg test e per week for a year , trt started with doc but doing it my self now. (Doc wanted me to 200 mg per week). Thinking of doing a little recomp. What would you use, bump the test to 250mg per week or add 100mg of tren a per week ?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Both tbf lol
Great advice lol :)

For recomp I'd probably use 1g test with some tren or deca in the mix and overtrain for about 3 months for quick results.

Ask dg10 for advice about overtraining and being hardcore.

T

Thecoms

Personally don’t think 250mg test and 100mg tren is excessive , think it would yield nice steady gains , without having to go crazy on the diet ?

T

Thecoms

Also Darren is getting amazing results , you might not agree with his philosophies but he is built like a tank ? He puts in the effort and reaps the deserved results due to insane drive with a work ethic that few can match 🏋🏼‍♀️

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Also Darren is getting amazing results , you might not agree with his philosophies but he is built like a tank ? He puts in the effort and reaps the deserved results due to insane drive with a work ethic that few can match 🏋🏼‍♀️

I'm not knocking Daz at all mate so please don't misinterpret my replies. I'm just saying that he's the `go to guy` on here for anyone that wants to push the envelope and get really serious about bodybuilding.

Back on topic.
250 test and 100 tren would be a decent cycle for most amateur/intermediate guys but after a year on TRT doses for someone with experience like the OP I'd suggest higher test for recomp.

A

Aris

Thank you for your replies.
I ll bump the test to 250 for two weeks and then i will go by feel and how i look
I m overthinking i guess

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Thank you for your replies.
I ll bump the test to 250 for two weeks and then i will go by feel and how i look
I m overthinking i guess

Good luck mate and I hope you get to the stage you want to be at. Discussions about recomp can be tricky without a lot of background info as none of us know what level you're trying to get back to. If there's no big dreams in your head and you only want to make some small gains you will probably do okay with doubling your t-dose and adding a bit of tren or deca etc.

In my situation, If I wanted to recomp and go back to my former glory days I would need high test doses and that would just be for starters. It's unrealistic to think that small doses will give huge results for recomp.

Doubling your t-dose will have an effect but don't expect drastic physical changes.

A

Aris

Glory days are over mate!
I m 46 now. Training for 25 years, used most of the compounds. Didn't have the potential or the money to be a bb. Just train and eat like one. Keeping my body and mind in order!!!
Always trying to learn!

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I m 46 now. Training for 25 years, used most of the compounds. Didn't have the potential or the money to be a bb. Just train and eat like one. Keeping my body and mind in order!!!
Always trying to learn!

You sound very similar to me in some ways.
If you just want to stay in shape or hold/gain a bit of muscle you should do okay with low lest/low tren but using the word `recomp` conjours up images in my mind of guys who want to make big physical changes (perhaps after a long lay off). You'd be wasting your time using low doses for that goal IME.

In my situation I'm 4 stone lighter than I used to be in my prime but I maintain a decent size/physique blasting 500 test, 200 tren (or 200 deca) twice a year and then cruising on low test/low primo for the other months. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing for guys with a long solid training history but for me to recomp to 19 stone of mass again I would need some serious gear doses.
Training and diet wouldn't get me there.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Really good post guys loads of sensible opinion and advice for us more mature bodybuilders.

B

Bigram24

Always trying to learn!
Totally agree with this

darrenG10

darrenG10

Cardio 5 days 20 minutes (increase if needed)

carb cycle med low high carb amountdependent
Yohmbine 20mg fasted (fat oxidation)
caffeine 200mg tablet combine var works better
L carntine 500-600mg fasted (fat oxidation)
albuterol or clen 24mg split albuterol or 40mcg clen
2iu hgh fasted (fat oxidation)
t4 50-100mcg empty stomach not as catabolic raise metabolism convert enough t4 into t3 helps gh work more efficiently

cycle
test 250mg per week
Trenbolone 50mg 3x per week
mast p 100mg 3x per week
var 50mg daily with fasted cardio (fat oxidation)

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
Cardio 5 days 20 minutes (increase if needed)

carb cycle med low high carb amountdependent
Yohmbine 20mg fasted (fat oxidation)
caffeine 200mg tablet combine var works better
L carntine 500-600mg fasted (fat oxidation)
albuterol or clen 24mg split albuterol or 40mcg clen
2iu hgh fasted (fat oxidation)
t4 50-100mcg empty stomach not as catabolic raise metabolism convert enough t4 into t3 helps gh work more efficiently

cycle
test 250mg per week
Trenbolone 50mg 3x per week
mast p 100mg 3x per week
var 50mg daily with fasted cardio (fat oxidation)
Interesting to see the addition of T4 rather than T3 itself. But I understand why. HGH increases the conversion of T4->T3.