Sit ups/Ab work. Back to basics.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

What do you lads think is the best ab exercise that yields the greatest results? Don't insult me with inexperienced newbie shit by saying "abs are built in the kitchen" lol

K

Kompany4

Staff member
I kept it very simple and basic last blast but it was also my first real/true cut.

Lying leg raises
V-Sits
Crunches

3 x sets to failure few times per week and all from the comfort of my own home and in my own time.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I hate doing abs.
I force myself to use the ab cruch machine with a low weight & high reps.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Do you lads think there's a best angle to target the core?

Flat? Incline? Decline?

Crunches, leg raises, sit ups...it's all very confusing and I haven't got the time or desire to do a specific ab session involving several exercises.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Do you lads think there's a best angle to target the core?

Flat? Incline? Decline?

Crunches, leg raises, sit ups...it's all very confusing and I haven't got the time or desire to do a specific ab session involving several exercises.
Mine seemed to work for me mate and I’d advise you to give it a bash.

Crunches/sit ups were performed at a 90 degree angle but only as I was following some YouTube stuff.

It was all new to me too and stuff I had never done before, as the abs become more visible, I guess that’s a point you would then google angles to target if there was a certain part you weren’t happy with, for me it was that lower ab that was the most stubborn and hate to say it but it only became more visible the more deeper into the cut I got.

For now I wouldn’t worry too much about how or where to target on the core and just get your bread and butter stuff in for now, it does get more enjoyable I found as time goes on and hey just became a part of my everyday routine eventually

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

For now I wouldn’t worry too much about how or where to target on the core and just get your bread and butter stuff in for now, it does get more enjoyable I found as time goes on and hey just became a part of my everyday routine eventually

Cheers mate. I've decided to start supersetting basic incline sit-ups 2-3 times a week at the same time as a chest/shoulder/back movement. That way it won't feel like I'm spending a lot of time focusing on an ab session and I reckon 6 sets to failure should be enough volume to tighten my core.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Cheers mate. I've decided to start supersetting basic incline sit-ups 2-3 times a week at the same time as a chest/shoulder/back movement. That way it won't feel like I'm spending a lot of time focusing on an ab session and I reckon 6 sets to failure should be enough volume to tighten my core.
100% mate and good approach tying it in with your other work.

Keep us updated

Sergqfd

Please tell me how to answer an existing topic?
Maybe I'm not writing correctly?
Please tell me.
Thank you.

Как ответить в тему?
Может я не правильно пишу?
Прошу помочь.
С уважением.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Please tell me how to answer an existing topic?
Maybe I'm not writing correctly?
Please tell me.
Thank you.

Как ответить в тему?
Может я не правильно пишу?
Прошу помочь.
С уважением.

Just click the "reply" link at the bottom of the post you want to comment on.