Training Routine and Frequency Debate

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

If you had no other commitments in your life and you could train as often as you wanted to and at anytime of the day/night...what would your daily routine look like?

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Consultancy work allows me a great deal of flexibility & free time so I can train when & as often as i want.
Just a pity I'm old now.
When I'm injury free. I train 5 days a week, 3 on, rest, 2 on, rest.
2 meals in the morning prior to training at midday.
A further 4 meals after training.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Consultancy work allows me a great deal of flexibility & free time so I can train when & as often as i want.
Just a pity I'm old now.
When I'm injury free. I train 5 days a week, 3 on, rest, 2 on, rest.
2 meals in the morning prior to training at midday.
A further 4 meals after training.

Take your job and injuries out of the equation and answer the question again please mate. Would you still train once a day, 5 days a week, and still do the bodypart splits that we've all got accustomed to over the years ?

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Yes I would mate.

5 days a week is optimal from my point of view.

Was never keen on 2 sessions per day or training more than 5 days a week.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
I would still train PPL rest and repeat over the 7 days at 9am

Had my food intake by 7am and serves me well

My gym is dead at that time too so win/win

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Had my food intake by 7am and serves me well

Please elaborate/explain this comment?
I know you're a bodyfat focused geezer but are you saying you eat 1 meal in the mornings and then fast everyday for 24 hours before eating again?

I also know you're a stroppy fucker with a quick temper so please don't feel pressured to answer if you don't want to. I'm not backing you into a corner mate lol :LOL:

Last edited:
K

Kompany4

Staff member
Please elaborate/explain this comment?
I know you're a bodyfat focused geezer but are you saying you eat 1 meal in the mornings and then fast everyday for 24 hours before eating again?

I also know you're a stroppy fucker with a quick temper so please don't feel pressured to answer if you don't want you. I'm not backing you into a corner mate lol :LOL:

You must be the first person to ever say such things about me mate lol

Sorry, I mean I’ve had a decent meal by 7am which gives me two hours to start digesting before I train which in turn “Serves me well”

I can’t train fasted or even slightly hungry, also I can’t train full so finding the right timing and meal is key to me having a good session.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

You must be the first person to ever say such things about me mate lol

I've had my head chewed off once or twice before on here by you mate but I'm not the type of guy that makes the same mistake twice :LOL:
Lessons have been learned lol