Anxiety

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Probably a few of us have suffered from anxiety in the past.
I'm fortunate that being a bit of a mentalist I resolved my issue by learning all about anxiety, read books, papers, listened to podcasts etc.
The reason I mention it now is that my wife is suffering from it.
The route cause seems to be her work but of course I'm getting the blame.
Has anyone had similar problems & how did you resolve it ?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Sorry to hear this mate as you know it’s not nice at all experiencing anxiety.

I can’t offer much advice here, especially with you being so clued up on it all yourself mate.

If work seems to be the route cause then I’d be twisting my misses arm to find a new job or place of work etc or try my best to politely point out and give evidence that’s the route cause and not yourself Ads.

How’s she doing now?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Probably a few of us have suffered from anxiety in the past.
I'm fortunate that being a bit of a mentalist I resolved my issue by learning all about anxiety, read books, papers, listened to podcasts etc.
The reason I mention it now is that my wife is suffering from it.
The route cause seems to be her work but of course I'm getting the blame.
Has anyone had similar problems & how did you resolve it ?

It's a difficult question to answer as there are lots of different types of anxiety. I have lived with varying degrees of social anxiety most of my life and was forced to find coping mechanisms in life for any situations where I need to have close interactions with people/strangers/groups. Avoidance was the only thing that really worked for me but it made me more and more reclusive and introverted as time went by to the point a lot of people now call me anti social/distant/not normal.

Get your wife to sit down and really identify what things trigger her type of anxiety and then work backwards from that to find solutions.
Maybe it's a male orientated environment and she feels intimidated/bullied?
Maybe the workload and mental pressure is too much for her so she dreads going to work?
Maybe she's not confident doing her job role and feels that workmates are starting to notice/comment?
Maybe you're inadvertently saying and doing things that make her feel insecure about herself?
Depending on her age....she might be starting to experience Menopause issues?
So many possible reasons...but open and honest communication with your wife would be the best starting point.