Anyone done the coast to coast

Dbol Squirrel

Dbol Squirrel

I'm going to do it prob next year. Too busy this year.
Anyone here into trekking and done any multi day walks?
And did you go with a group and guide or do it self guided?

The coast to coast is almost 200miles across three national parks.
Always wanted to do it as it gets rated second only to NZs Milford track.
I walk alot but will still need to up my game for that one.

Crasher

Crasher

Hello fella! Bit late to this I know, but…..
Me and my partner did it on push bikes a few years ago. Rode from
St Bees to Sunderland over 3 days. Bloody brilliant!

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I used to do a big tour around the UK every summer that usually took about a week to complete and I absolutely loved visiting quirky little towns and villages in the UK and going to heritage sites etc but that was on motorbikes.
I can't imagine doing something similar on a bicycle though and the idea of just going for long walks sounds really really boring.

Crasher

Crasher

I could do it on foot without being bored, but you would need time to appreciate it properly and get into the rhythm of it. Cycling wasn’t as hard as you might imagine. There are some big climbs obviously, but also a lot of downhills, a lot is on the flat and a fair bit takes you along some really interesting trails, including disused railway lines.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I could do it on foot without being bored, but you would need time to appreciate it properly and get into the rhythm of it. Cycling wasn’t as hard as you might imagine. There are some big climbs obviously, but also a lot of downhills, a lot is on the flat and a fair bit takes you along some really interesting trails, including disused railway lines.

You should try traversing Hadrian's Wall mate ;)

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Something I’ve always fancied doing actually 👍

My parents forced me to do it when I was younger and it was the worst weekend of my life tbh (camping) but looking back on the experience it was actually quite interesting visiting all the castles, forts, turrets, and museums, along the route.
It's very tiring though and not much fun in bad weather. It rained the entire weekend when we did it :mad:

Dbol Squirrel

Dbol Squirrel

Walking is meditative for me.
I've done epic walks all over the world.
Inca trail, great wall of China, Himalayas, amazon rainforrest, various deserts etc.
Love it.
Yeah Hadrians wall is another id like to do.
Getting away from civilisation and discovering natural wonders is a nice balance to the rat race bullshit we're in.
I get it's not everyone's idea of fun.😊

D

Donndt

I could do it on foot without being bored, but you would need time to appreciate it properly with Tomasso and get into the rhythm of it. Cycling wasn’t as hard as you might imagine. There are some big climbs obviously, but also a lot of downhills, a lot is on the flat and a fair bit takes you along some really interesting trails, including disused railway lines.

I like cycling but when the road goes up it almost kills me :) Before long trips I try to work out to be more enduring

Last edited: