Charles Bronson

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Public parole this week, will this man ever be freed?

Opinions guys…..

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

@Kompany4

Do you want him set free mate?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
@Kompany4

Do you want him set free mate?
Not for me to say really, was more to gather you guys insights into what you believe the justice system will do with him.

Apparently it’s already been said he would not be able to cope with life on the outside and who would after being caged for all them years but yeah I believe he should be released now, he’s served enough time and could be monitored closely and easily enough.

Sadly I just can’t see it ever happening for him, plus I don’t know the justice system too well but with him being a Cat-A prisoner I assumed he would have to work his way down that category before any “full” release, Cat-D perhaps?

Or would this be a straight out parole and life license?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

At 70 I don't think he poses much of a physical problem to anyone anymore but on a mental level (and also taking into account the amount of time spent behind bars and him being institutionalised by now) I still consider him a serious threat to the general public.

No release is my vote...or contain him in monitored freedom down South/London area on a short leash/tag (Cat C/D)

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Cat C would see him still under lock and key and your usual prison regulations.

Cat-D is where he would have more freedom and eventually weekend/town release.

I’d vote yes, certainly many worse monsters walking our streets freely than this old man now.

Never gonna happen though is it, I reckon he knows it too that’s why some of his comments don’t surprise me.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Cat C would see him still under lock and key and your usual prison regulations.

I've done a short stretch in a Cat A and a Cat C (drug related/non violent) in my younger naughty days and I can tell you that a Cat C is almost like being free. All the internal doors/gates are left unlocked during the day so you can come and go as you please, go and hang out with other inmates, and go outside and walk around the prison grounds etc. The only thing you can't do is actually leave the prison.

Cat A on the other hand is a different ball game. You're locked in your cell 23 hours a day and only get let out at meal times...so Cat C and Cat A have very different rules/regulations. Cat C might be a starting point for Bronson to see if he can interact with people without violence but I don't think fully releasing him is a good idea just yet.

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

I was all for letting him out on tag, but after that thing with pretending that Journalist was his Son? That’s a pretty big deal I think? Surely that has to be taken seriously, as fraud and he’s screwed himself now?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
I was all for letting him out on tag, but after that thing with pretending that Journalist was his Son? That’s a pretty big deal I think? Surely that has to be taken seriously, as fraud and he’s screwed himself now?
Maybe he’s known all along mate he’s never getting out so pulled that stunt for kicks and giggles.

Made a right mockery of them all I did have to laugh a little when I heard

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Yeah, it was pretty funny, and certainly did expose flaws in the system to say the least.

Some of the stuff Charlie said at the hearing certainly gave the impression he was there to put on a show, and knew he wasn’t getting out.