Couriers taking the piss...

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I was reading an article today that I found hard to believe but basically a courier from hermes/evri had the nerve to actually open someones front door because nobody answered when he knocked so he chucked the package inside instead (homeowner was asleep after working night shift). The same woman also says a friend of hers had a similar problem with a different courier company. Her friend was sat on the sofa having a cuppa and a courier just walked in and gave her a package :eek::eek::eek:

I've worked in logistics (not a parcel courier though) so I know it can be annoying for drivers if they get to addresses for a pick up or a drop off and nobody answers (especially if the customer has already been given a date/time slot for the job)...but trying peoples door handles and entering properties is going too far. I'd throw a proper wobbler if any courier opened my front door to deliver a parcel. If nobody answers when they knock they can leave parcels outside if there's a safe place, or they can try a neighbour, or they can leave a "we missed you" card and come back the next day to try again. When did entering peoples homes become an acceptable option to delivery drivers ?

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
It is never acceptable for anyone to enter your house uninvited.
Glad to say couriers in my area are generally really good. I stay at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac so never any issues with them leaving parcels outside.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
I would be raging to be honest, no right whatsoever to try anybody’s handles.

Like you say most couriers leave options for safe places etc and do so at your own risk.

Amazon don’t even try our bell anymore even with the car on the drive they just leave in the porch lol

Saves me getting off my lazy ass so not too bothered but honestly if I was curled up on the couch and a parcel man just opened the door to chuck it on the stairs I’d love to see his reaction when the dog looked up lol