Cream of rice……

K

Kompany4

Staff member
So in true Kompany4 style, I am 10 years late to the party yet again it seems.

Took the plunge and bought a sack of them and just wondering what everyone’s preferred method of consumption is?

Cooked or necked in your shaker cup?

darrenG10

darrenG10

Did it in shaker and also just add hot water and stir but oats are king

pushing cals pasta more calories than rice add cheese easy extra fat table spoon peanut butter or a pack of cookies lol

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Did it in shaker and also just add hot water and stir but oats are king

pushing cals pasta more calories than rice add cheese easy extra fat table spoon peanut butter or a pack of cookies lol
Sorry meant more pushing carbs but I like your style Darren, pack of Maryland it is 👍🏻

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

What carb sources do you find easier to get down when pushing calories mate?

Powdered oats or maltodextrin mate but if I'm really pushing cals I'm usually not very strict with my diet at that stage and it's easier to eat a few sweet treats and a bit of junk food than it is to force down more lean protein and quality carbs.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Well first bowl went down an absolute breeze
Boiled the kettle, 10 second stir and finito

Really enjoyed them and gonna save a lot of force feeding I reckon and struggling

Will try the next lot in my shaker cup this afternoon cold and see which I prefer but they was bang on hot

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Well first bowl went down an absolute breeze
Boiled the kettle, 10 second stir and finito

Really enjoyed them and gonna save a lot of force feeding I reckon and struggling

Will try the next lot in my shaker cup this afternoon cold and see which I prefer but they was bang on hot

I'm not going to try and blind you with science mate but if you're going to use this regularly a few times every day you should think more about blood sugar levels from this high G-I and empty calorie quick release carb source and also consider satiety.
Oats/Oatmeal, in any form, are much better than a bag of processed/refined white rice powder due to them being slow-release/lower G-I and providing fibre and other welcome natural nutrients/vitamins/minerals.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
I'm not going to try and blind you with science mate but if you're going to use this regularly a few times every day you should think more about blood sugar levels from this high G-I and empty calorie quick release carb source and also consider satiety.
Oats/Oatmeal, in any form, are much better than a bag of processed/refined white rice powder due to them being slow-release/lower G-I and providing fibre and other welcome natural nutrients/vitamins/minerals.
Thanks for the helpful reply bud 👍🏻

Today is just trialling the different methods of consumption

They will be used most probably post workout which is early morning mainly and potentially pre too as they was super light

Think I stated in another thread, on a typical day I eat 200g-300g of regular oats without fail

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

They will be used most probably post workout which is early morning mainly and potentially pre too as they was super light

Pre and PWO it might be a good replacement for Dextrose/Malto/Simple Sugars if you like the product and it's easy for you to stomach and digest ;)

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Well I like it.
Once a day first thing in the morning.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Crumpets smothered in grenade protein spread 😋
Love crumpets, but our fridge is full of Lakeland Irish butter and well, I think you know how that would end with me mate.

Pretty much the same as the grenade spread on pancake day!

B

beyond603

Hey, can you guys check and let me know if Beyond Protein Shakers are really worth it?

If you guys have other recommendations then do let me know.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Hey, can you guys check and let me know if Beyond Protein Shakers are really worth it?

If you guys have other recommendations then do let me know.

Any plastic shaker will get the job done but if you want to spend 20 quid for a flashy metal one with cool colours that's okay too. Don't leave it in the kitchen at work though. A twat will steal it for sure lol

I've got a huel shaker and a sports direct shaker too (both plastic).

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Have an assortment of shakers, some freebies with certain orders, some decent ones when I’ve been flush and wanted to round up an order.

All get the job done the same but my Time4Nutriton one is probably my favourite, just ensure you wash them out asap otherwise smells linger permanently eventually and can be a bit off putting