Cream of rice……

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

@Kompany4

So, we're 6 months down the line now mate from when you posted this thread.
Are you still using COR? Verdict?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
@Kompany4

So, we're 6 months down the line now mate from when you posted this thread.
Are you still using COR? Verdict?
Literally as we speak, Hour before I train and doesn’t lay heavy at all.

Only tried a few brands but this one below is by far my favourite at the minute.

Also find it mega useful on high days to squeeze in some extra easy carbs.

I know most just neck it with their shakes but I enjoy “food” and eating and chewing lol

4 x 30 second intervals in the microwave stirring each time comes out lovely.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Literally as we speak, Hour before I train and doesn’t lay heavy at all.

Only tried a few brands but this one below is by far my favourite at the minute.

Also find it mega useful on high days to squeeze in some extra easy carbs.

I know most just neck it with their shakes but I enjoy “food” and eating and chewing lol

4 x 30 second intervals in the microwave stirring each time comes out lovely.

So essentially you just use it like porridge and you like it hot/cooked?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
So essentially you just use it like porridge and you like it hot/cooked?
Exactly that mate, for years I had (and enjoyed) 100g oats before training but found myself having to have them 90mins before training meaning rising even earlier as I train early.

Now with the COR I could probably stretch them to 30mins before training and move and train better without any bloat.

I cook them exactly like porridge and use only water to mix.

I do keep meaning to get a pint of red top milk and trying them with that one time but for now I’m more than happy with just water.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Exactly that mate, for years I had (and enjoyed) 100g oats before training but found myself having to have them 90mins before training meaning rising even earlier as I train early.

Now with the COR I could probably stretch them to 30mins before training and move and train better without any bloat.

I cook them exactly like porridge and use only water to mix.

I do keep meaning to get a pint of red top milk and trying them with that one time but for now I’m more than happy with just water.

I might give this stuff a go when my powdered oats run out but only because you are suggesting that it's easier to digest than oats. I won't bother cooking it though as the whole purpose of carbs like this is simplicity so I'll just bang it in a shake. It will be hard to convince me that there's anything better than dextrose and malto pre/intra/post workout though.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Recommend this digest good better than cream of rice only issues it’s pretty expensive not something I can afford too eat everyday but first time trying it today 8B589673 F868 497D A86C 0883EC706591

PhillipFrances

PhillipFrances

I'm not going to try and blind you with science mate but if you're going to use this regularly a few times every day you should think more about blood sugar levels from this high G-I and empty calorie quick release carb source and also consider satiety.
Oats/Oatmeal, in any form, are much better than a bag of processed/refined white rice powder due to them being slow-release/lower G-I and providing fibre and other welcome natural nutrients/vitamins/minerals.
I was just wondering this, thanks for sharing ahead. :)
Always concerned with things that could raise blood pressure, or sugar.