Food intollrence testing kits.

J

Jags123

Hi guys hope all are well, I've been getting some stomach problems and decided to get a food intollrence kit, you send away a blood sample , finger prick. I've got the results back and following , basically test you anti bodies etc but I'm reading mixed reviews and my gp has also said that there no such thing etc to finding out from a test and that you have to go by trial and error and make a diary. Has any one here ever had a food intollrence test and what are their thoughts about it. Not sure why I've got a intollrence to foods I eat every day and have been for years, milk eggs almonds yeast wheat beef lol.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I had eczema really bad as a child and my GP/Hospital did a load of tests to try and find out what was making my skin itch. I don't remember much about the tests or how the GP got the results but my parents were given a huge health report that listed everything I shouldn't eat or touch.
After that I couldn't eat prawns or any type of shellfish/seafood and I had to avoid wheat based breakfast cereals, my clothes had to be washed using non bio washing powder, I couldn't have feather pillows or a feather duvet on my bed, and I had to wash myself using special sensitive soaps etc etc etc. There's definitely loads of tests that can be done for specific allergies and food intolerance so I don't know why your GP said no such things exist. The tests are probably too expensive to get done for free on the NHS these days so he's blagging you to cut costs on non essential healthcare.

Last edited: