Forum ethos

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Due to a few instances of late, I've taken it upon myself to remind everyone about the standard of behaviour on this forum.

I am obviously aware that people can and will have arguments, disagreements and alternate points of view.

Disagreeing with someone, is fine, arguing your point, is fine, putting across your opinion on things, is fine. But please, remember to be civil with your disagreements and arguments. Uncivility, from condescension, name calling or questioning character, is not acceptable.

This has always been the forum ethos, right from the very beginning through all the different versions, so please keep it that way.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Well said mate nobody is favoured on here we are treated exactly the same but the forum is purely about helping each other providing information helping young or mature of all ages and showing all respect and a nice feeling on this forum unlike many other toxic places where people feel threatened to post anything in fear of being called names looked down upon

Here it’s not who’s a old school long term forum guy anyone will be shown respect by me and treated the way I want to be treated and never feel panic or anxiety for posting content

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Great post OP.

I agree that things have been getting a bit twisted on here over the last few weeks and I personally have felt like I'm dodging bullets on occasion, always needing to defend myself, and dealing with too many personal opinions that are not even relative to the topics/discussions. Hopefully things settle down again now as a result of this thread.

I will however state for the record that if someone offends me on here, picks a fight, or disrespects me without a good reason, I will always put my boxing gloves on and come out fighting to the death (politely/no vulgarity etc).

I'm a mature adult so I treat people in the way I think they deserve to be treated and I think I'm a fairly good judge of character too so I will not be lectured to by anyone on a forum or told how to behave/act. If the current management here don't like this steadfast aspect of my personality I can only suggest that you remove me from the site as I will not be changing who I am just to please other people and "fit in" with ideologies and cliques.

FF.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Might I add there is also the option of an “Ignore” button for any member you don’t want to see content from, feel free to use that if it is much easier for you to go about the forums in a happier and more positive way.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Might I add there is also the option of an “Ignore” button

That's a really defunct option on a forum. It basically means you can ignore/not see what some people are saying and yet they can still post things about you and make you look like a twat to all the other members on the site and you won't respond because you can't see what "ignored" people are saying about you behind your back.

Where's the option to stop certain people even seeing your posts? That option would make more sense.

B

Bigram24

Might I add there is also the option of an “Ignore” button for any member you don’t want to see content from, feel free to use that if it is much easier for you to go about the forums in a happier and more positive way.
Didn’t realise this and very much appreciated!!
Very useful button 👍

K

Kompany4

Staff member
That's a really defunct option on a forum. It basically means you can ignore/not see what some people are saying and yet they can still post things about you and make you look like a twat to all the other members on the site and you won't respond because you can't see what "ignored" people are saying about you behind your back.

I really am confident in saying this but I don’t believe anybody would ever be saying things behind anyone’s back or making anyone look like a T**T on here.

You go back the longest on here as we have come to agreement on many times, so in my eyes you should know this better than anyone else mate.

It just never has and never would go on.

It’s a good idea say for example if someone’s posts are boring you etc but as for name calling and backstabbing, trust me that won’t happen

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I really am confident in saying this but I don’t believe anybody would ever be saying things behind anyone’s back or making anyone look like a T**T on here.

You go back the longest on here as we have come to agreement on many times, so in my eyes you should know this better than anyone else mate.

It just never has and never would go on.

It’s a good idea say for example if someone’s posts are boring you etc but as for name calling and backstabbing, trust me that won’t happen

Perhaps I'm a bit jaded by past experiences but, honestly, I've seen that happen time and time again on so many other forums with so many other members that it's almost like a normal thing to do on a biing forum now. Using the ignore button and openly admitting it usually makes that person look weak to others and an easy target for an attack by twats.

A button to make yourself invisible to some members would be far more effective in my view but I guess that option could be just as easily abused as the ignore button. If someone needs to ignore another member I can only suggest they do it silently without publicising it to everyone else on the forum. Ocassionally checking what that ignored person has been saying is probably also wise as we all know the saying about keeping your friends close and your enemies ever closer ....don't we ;)

K

Kompany4

Staff member
What I can’t understand how or why it happened was why did bodybuilding forums become so toxic and petty?

I was a member on so many for years but stopped frequenting them a long time ago (a couple closed down but was going the same way)

Just either full of trolls who don’t lift or bitchy/sarcastic replies and members flaming members for nothing.

This was never a thing years ago but I bet if I stuck my head in somewhere like Uk-M today it would be rife.

Don’t get why it happened, all the popular sensible members either retired or got old and found something else to do with their time or the next generation just find it funny and normal.

That’s why I’ll always be grateful for this place probably one of the very last few remaining where it doesn’t and wouldn’t go on.

Traffic doesn’t always mean it’s a good thing.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

What I can’t understand how or why it happened was why did bodybuilding forums become so toxic and petty?

If I had to sum it all up I'd say they are 3 main reasons.

1) Source wars and rivalry in UK between brands/reps competing for business in a small market.
2 More youngsters around who can't handle their gear, different mindset to older guys, and so much bbing info on google now so everyone's a guru these days that wants to prove he's smarter than the next guy.
3) Big increase in trolls and nasty guys with bad attitudes.

I'm glad to be out of it all now tbh. I can't imagine ever spending as much time on forums as I did in the past. There was a period when I was active on about 30 forums every day and I'd be on them and posting constantly from dawn until dusk. Fuck knows how I managed to do that and still stay sane lol

darrenG10

darrenG10

I was a member on so many for years but stopped frequenting them a long time ago (a couple closed down but was going the same way)

Just either full of trolls who don’t lift or bitchy/sarcastic replies and members flaming members for nothing.

This was never a thing years ago but I bet if I stuck my head in somewhere like Uk-M today it would be rife.

Don’t get why it happened, all the popular sensible members either retired or got old and found something else to do with their time or the next generation just find it funny and normal.

That’s why I’ll always be grateful for this place probably one of the very last few remaining where it doesn’t and wouldn’t go on.

Traffic doesn’t always mean it’s a good thing.
There is nothing worse than coming on to a forum to see someone writing disrespectful things for absolutely nothing when all someone has done is post and get nothing but hateful comments really isn’t a nice feeling then you feel anxiety built up and think should I even post

And that’s so true more people doesn’t mean good it’s more trolls likeminded haters if anything

Also being called a guru wannabe all for posting isn’t nice either it’s disrespectful and nasty like jealousy especially when me myself has put effort and time into bodybuilding like many of us have I will be a old guy one day 30 isn’t exactly young now but I’m sick of this comment