Health problems related to training and recovery that you have found beneficial

A

ash123

I had a bad back and to my surprise a chiropractor sorted it in just a few session, any of you guys/girls had any injuries that hopefully you've been able to resolve?

darrenG10

darrenG10

Yeah a few niggles always train around it find exercises that don’t worsen it squats etc I wouldn’t do again not worth injuring a disc more and not needed keep it basic and you’ll still grow greatly

A

ash123

I don't squat it always seems like my body is in the wrong position and I'm not moving correctly, hack squat is the best but they seem to be really rare now unless your lucky enough to have a bodybuilding gym to use

darrenG10

darrenG10

I don't squat it always seems like my body is in the wrong position and I'm not moving correctly, hack squat is the best but they seem to be really rare now unless your lucky enough to have a bodybuilding gym to use
Just do leg press variations wide stance one leg leg extension drop sets superset a lunge or leg press again works great without causing any spinal stress or less than a squat

Bensif

Bensif

It’s weird about the hack squat. Precor stopped making theirs for example, in favour of their seated hack. You don’t really see them in gyms at all.

I don’t have one in mine as we’re all Life / Hammer and they don’t make one. I do have a pendulum though, but that murders my knees.

Bensif

Bensif

seems to be plenty of companies that still make them, most of the good gyms in the states seem to have neck machines also never seen one here
Matrix hack is terrible. The sled hits the stoppers before you hit Depth.

Atlantis strength and Arsenal strength make hacks but they don’t have distribution here. So you’re covering US shipping, customs, duty and VAT.

The only two brands you can get here, that are good are Watson and Cybex. But the latter is £5500 RRP. I got a quote in from life for it (they are the same company basically) and it was about £3500 at my buy price. We haven’t bothered buying it as everyone seems happy with the pendulum and belt squat that we have.

Only place I’ve seen a hammer 4 way neck is actually at the gym I train at, funnily enough. Never seen anyone use it though lol

A

ash123

I try and train my neck sometimes but it does normally result in headaches so I can see why people don't, there is a fantastic gym in Las Americas, Tenerife if you ever go

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
got sciatica, sometimes its so bad i cant even put my dam socks on. started doing yoga, hoping to iron it out.

A

Aris

got sciatica, sometimes its so bad i cant even put my dam socks on. started doing yoga, hoping to iron it out.
I have sciatica too. I couldn't sleep because after 5 hours i couldn't find a position in bed that didn't hurt. After an allergy i had in my hand , doc prescribed me some medrol tabs(cortisone) for six days.
Sciatica stopped after the first pill. Hope it lasts but you can try it if you are in a lot of pain.