Hernia

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Guys, I will be getting surgery to repair an umbilical hernia soon.
Anyone had this surgery & what was your recovery time ?

darrenG10

darrenG10

Speedy recovery bud
I think recovery is no less than 4 weeks someone I know just got the surgery and 4 weeks all healed up

Gh might help and bpc157 tb500 since it’s not a tendon more scar tissue healing faster than normal rate shouldn’t be a issue 5g vitamin c time realise for collagen production

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

This isn't a topic I can offer advice on but it's good to see you posting big lad ;)

(EDITED).

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Thanks mate, probably looking at a minimum 4 weeks.
Spoke with consultant yest, if all goes to plan, light training after a 4 week layoff.

Bonus

Bonus

Administrator
Staff member
Hope all goes well bud and a swift recovery . Maybe check in with Lewi, I'm pretty sure he had surgery a few years back.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
3 plus weeks post surgery, recovery seems to be going well with no issues to date.
4 weeks out the gym & seeing a difference in myself. Lost more size than I was anticipating. Probably due to being old.
Consultant appointment next week, hopefully gives me go ahead to start light training.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

3 plus weeks post surgery, recovery seems to be going well with no issues to date.
4 weeks out the gym & seeing a difference in myself. Lost more size than I was anticipating. Probably due to being old.
Consultant appointment next week, hopefully gives me go ahead to start light training.

One of the good things about losing size when you're a bit older with a long training history is you will have the benefit of muscle memory and probably gain back your size losses within a month or two of starting training again (y)

I'm sure you already know that though...

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Thats what I'm reminding myself of, mate.
Dubai in February is the target to get back in condition.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
It will soon come back mate, I know there’s a slight age gap between us but I had four years out and it did come back relatively quickly mate for me and I’m positive it will for you.

Good luck with the consultant, keep us updated Adz

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Cheers mate, your injuries were significantly worse than this, so seeing you back & progressing is an inspiration in itself.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Good luck and muscle comes back fast nothing a little insulin hgh and anadrol can’t fix lol.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
First week back training. Trained 5 days kept weight very light with high reps.
Started 4iu gh per day & 400mg test pp per week.
All good, no issues, onwards & upwards.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Good luck. I'd probably switch to isolation movements/machines in your situation and avoid all core work for a good few months. Definitely no squats/free weights.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Great news Adam and a nice sensible approach also.

I bet you ain’t half missed it mate!!

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Good luck. I'd probably switch to isolation movements/machines in your situation and avoid all core work for a good few months. Definitely no squats/free weights.
That's pretty much the plan mate.
Consultant advised me to build things up over a 6 week period & that's what I'm going to do.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Great news Adam and a nice sensible approach also.

I bet you ain’t half missed it mate!!
You know me mate, I never miss the gym so was hard going but feel good that it's done & I can move on.