Inviting new members

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I want to see this site take off but I hate the vibe on the remaining UK forums so I'm reluctant to refer new members to this site coz they're mostly all just twisted tosspots and I don't want to see this site go the same way.

What do you all want? Quality or quantity? Open forum or private/referall only ???

Mitchlowkey

Mitchlowkey

I'd say if it's your pal, fellow gym rat with savvy, someone you have competed with or met at shows and people you converse with online who is someone you would consider a brother in the game

Its atough one really but I actually think let it grow naturally and probably slowly.
Think Boldenone vs Dbol, long quality gains over time rather than a monster in 4 weeks that deflates into a hormonal dribble of relentless meh.
LOL

I'll get me coat 🤣

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I think it should be invite/referral only tbh but that might not work for the site owners coz every site owner wants a busy/active website.

Bonus

Bonus

Administrator
Staff member
I want to see this site take off but I hate the vibe on the remaining UK forums so I'm reluctant to refer new members to this site coz they're mostly all just twisted tosspots and I don't want to see this site go the same way.

What do you all want? Quality or quantity? Open forum or private/referall only ???
The reality is that this is an open community which means its visible to anyone who navigates their way here, whether by invite, searching or chance, and while unsubscribed members only have limited viewing permissions, once a new member has gone through the registration process they will have a certain level of access to the forums & discussions.

As most of the more experienced members here will have seen many times before, here and on other forums, we will invariably attract the occasional member who joins up simply to cause disruption, whether that be to bait, troll, flame, spam or some other form of toxicity.

While obviously unwelcome, we’d be naïve to expect less.

Every member who registers has agreed to the Ironsport terms of use which, while being boring as hell, is very clear about forum etiquette, particularly with regards to not being a D*ck towards other members.

From previous experience, most times these guys quickly realise they’re not welcome simply by the reaction of the rest of the community which rapidly loses patience which them and hopefully they just bugger off else-where, of their own accord. If not, then there are other measures which reluctantly have to get used by the team to remove them.

So, to be honest, whether anyone here (unwittingly) introduces them or not – those types will always wash-up from time to time, so my advice would be don’t lose any sleep over it mate. What will be, will be ;)

Mitchlowkey

Mitchlowkey

I am ferociously protective and whilst I would harbour a place of honesty, respect and a loving/caring community, I would bring down Thor's Hammer on anyone trying to upset the setup.

I also need to mind my French, I know this and will indeed be better selective with my words :--)

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

The reality is that this is an open community which means its visible to anyone who navigates their way here, whether by invite, searching or chance, and while unsubscribed members only have limited viewing permissions, once a new member has gone through the registration process they will have a certain level of access to the forums & discussions.

As most of the more experienced members here will have seen many times before, here and on other forums, we will invariably attract the occasional member who joins up simply to cause disruption, whether that be to bait, troll, flame, spam or some other form of toxicity.

While obviously unwelcome, we’d be naïve to expect less.

Every member who registers has agreed to the Ironsport terms of use which, while being boring as hell, is very clear about forum etiquette, particularly with regards to not being a D*ck towards other members.

From previous experience, most times these guys quickly realise they’re not welcome simply by the reaction of the rest of the community which rapidly loses patience which them and hopefully they just bugger off else-where, of their own accord. If not, then there are other measures which reluctantly have to get used by the team to remove them.

So, to be honest, whether anyone here (unwittingly) introduces them or not – those types will always wash-up from time to time, so my advice would be don’t lose any sleep over it mate. What will be, will be ;)

I doff my cap to you for that reply mate ;)