Not a conversation for tough guys/alpha males

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

We (men) don't share feelings and emotions easily do we because it makes us look weak to other males but I'm under no illusion that ALL men have a soft side that they keep hidden/never show.

So the question is...when was the last time you cried and what caused that emotion ?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
My grans funeral 18 months ago.

I have a huge soft/emotional side with all kinds of triggers but it is a wicked world out there and being so open (not so much in here) can leave you feeling or even actually being extremely vulnerable to others.

Shame at times but those very close to me know so I guess that’s all that matters.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I have a huge soft/emotional side with all kinds of triggers but it is a wicked world out there and being so open (not so much in here) can leave you feeling or even actually being extremely vulnerable to others.

I'm a really emotional/soft person and it doesn't take much for me to get teary eyed but there is no chance that I will ever be candid about my feelings in real life because, as you say, it's a wicked world.

I do think though that we (men) need to open up and talk/be honest more instead of trying to be macho/hard all the time. Sharing feelings doesn't mean you're a pussy.

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
I am a long term PTSD sufferer and sadly have learned to shut myself down emotionally when needed as a type of coping mechanism. I can not remember the last time I genuinely cried as a result.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I am a long term PTSD sufferer and sadly have learned to shut myself down emotionally when needed as a type of coping mechanism. I can not remember the last time I genuinely cried as a result.

Are you ex-forces? What caused your PTSD?
I cried last week just from listening to a song on youtube and stirring up past memories lol :cry:

Robnking19

Robnking19

On a serious note the movie green mile gets me Every-time its the ultimate tear jurker i choose not watch it with my mrs 🤣
Other than that dad died gran died grandad died never shed one tear not because i dont care i just don't know why not,, on the other hand my Corcker spaniel is getting old and i know its going to break me in 2 is that wrong ????

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

on the other hand my Corcker spaniel is getting old and i know its going to break me in 2 is that wrong ????

I'd rather care passionately about something than go through life like an emotionless zombie and not give a fuck about anything. I can't own pets anymore after losing a few dogs in the past.