Real life VS internet?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

How much time do you actually spend interacting with people these days? I'm down to 75% internet and 25% real and the less contact I have with people the happier/more content I am.

You???

TreneBrahh

TreneBrahh

Apart from the Gym and occasionally seeing Family members, nothing. I'm single at 33 at the moment. I cut off my only "Friend" about 4 years ago after me and him got addicted to sniffing cocaine. I managed to kick the habit after it started causing a lot of shit in my life. Can't say it wasn't fun for the first few times but once you see your bank account hit almost zero and you're phoning up drug dealers at 6AM in the morning for more sniff the fun stops. As far as I know he is still sniffing to this very day. He lost his job, and house because of it and now lives in shared housing. I've never seen some one hit rock bottom as fast as he did.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I'm the opposite, my online presence is very little, I have social media accounts but rarely use them.
Always preferred face to face or phone calls.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Apart from the Gym and occasionally seeing Family members, nothing. I'm single at 33 at the moment. I cut off my only "Friend" about 4 years ago after me and him got addicted to sniffing cocaine. I managed to kick the habit after it started causing a lot of shit in my life. Can't say it wasn't fun for the first few times but once you see your bank account hit almost zero and you're phoning up drug dealers at 6AM in the morning for more sniff the fun stops. As far as I know he is still sniffing to this very day. He lost his job, and house because of it and now lives in shared housing. I've never seen some one hit rock bottom as fast as he did.

I had a problem with reccy drugs for about 4 years in my late teens/early twenties so I can fully relate to your story. Cutting ties with people you know/knew still doing that (even best mates) is the right thing to do if you want to improve your own future and not get dragged down by other peoples problems/lifestyles.

Is your solitary lifestyle now through personal choice or because you can't (or don't want to) make new friends?

TreneBrahh

TreneBrahh

I had a problem with reccy drugs for about 4 years in my late teens/early twenties so I can fully relate to your story. Cutting ties with people you know/knew still doing that (even best mates) is the right thing to do if you want to improve your own future and not get dragged down by other peoples problems/lifestyles.

Is your solitary lifestyle now through personal choice or because you can't (or don't want to) make new friends?

I bit of both to be honest. I've never really had many friends, if any, and it's mostly though personal choice. I've never really been an outgoing person and I don't mind my own company at all. So it kind of lead to a solitary lifestyle. In the end I just wanted to focus on my gym life and being the best version of myself. I did a lot of partying through my 20's till I turned 28 and that's when I started to cut ties with toxic people. It just got boring in the end If I'm honest and I never really did enjoy it I just kind of forced myself to go out every weekend. There would be times were I would standing in a bar thinking to myself wtf am I even doing here? And it went on like this for years. When the cocaine entered the picture it changed alot of things and that's were the line was drawn for me in the end.

Last edited:
Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I bit of both to be honest. I've never really had many friends, if any, and it's mostly though personal choice. I've never really been an outgoing person and I don't mind my own company at all. So it kind of lead to a solitary lifestyle. In the end I just wanted to focus on my gym life and being the best version of myself. I did a lot of partying through my 20's till I turned 28 and that's when I started to cut ties with toxic people. It just got boring in the end If I'm honest and I never really did enjoy it I just kind of forced myself to go out every weekend. There would be times were I would standing in a bar thinking to myself wtf am I even doing here? And it went on like this for years. When the cocaine entered the picture it changed alot of things and that's were the line was drawn for me in the end.

You're similar to me in many ways (introverted). I don't mind my own company/solitude and I actually enjoy the peace and quiet/no stress.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Close family and very small circle of friends and that's it for me.

Happy enough with that, don't have any social media (never interested me)

Enjoy interacting with lads on here or few years back but always been one to enjoy my own company.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I'm the opposite, my online presence is very little, I have social media accounts but rarely use them.
Always preferred face to face or phone calls.

I don't do any type of social media but I'm heavily involved in several news groups with mature people who know how to speak to each other with civility about day-to-day UK life and current affairs. I've made a lot of good friends/acquaintances in these groups too.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I started a curry club between me and my friends, some of us would only see each other once every 3 month or so but now it's at least once a month for the Curry night out.
Easy to let friends drift. Things like this are a great idea. I do the same type thing mate.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Easy to let friends drift. Things like this are a great idea. I do the same type thing mate.

One of my biggest regrets in life is not staying connected with some of the people I used to know as good friends. I don't even really know why we stopped being friends or what happened to make us all drift apart but I think life, jobs, relationships, growing up etc have a habit of pushing friends in different directions.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I started a curry club between me and my friends, some of us would only see each other once every 3 month or so but now it's at least once a month for the Curry night out.

That sounds fantastic. I'd love to do something like that with good friends and I hope you and your mates stay connected.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
One of my biggest regrets in life is not staying connected with some of the people I used to know as good friends. I don't even really know why we stopped being friends or what happened to make us all drift apart but I think life, jobs, relationships, growing up etc have a habit of pushing friends in different directions.
Exactly, I openly admit I wasnt the greatest at keeping in touch, but I've made a conscious effort last few years to arrange catchups, get togethers etc.

Animalchin

Animalchin

I started doing one of those footy scratch cards between the lads in the group aswell 30 teams £2 a team winner takes £40 the other £20 goes in the kitty and pays for the last curry night out of the year. Just started this so see how it goes.