Stop the boats policy.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Fucking brilliant. Shame it took so long...(y)

TreneBrahh

TreneBrahh

It's a start but I doubt it will do anything in the long run, they are already here illegally when they've crossed..

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

It's a start but I doubt it will do anything in the long run, they are already here illegally when they've crossed..

Yes but now they can't stay and will be deported "within weeks" of arrival. No more free hotels, no more free meals, and no ability to set up businesses/work and build new lives here (y)

D

didsmith123

for me personally this is a very hard one....before i get jumped on from a great height let me try to explain.....should people come her for economic reasons illegally...FUCK NO......should people come here because they are dead if they stay put.....the LAW says yes..Now this is the thing thats pissing me off the most...Its the law of the land....and the law shouldnt be mucked about with just so angry in surrey will vote tory next year....if any elected government wants to change the law then so be it....but NO politician should break the law of the land just to grab a soundbite in the daily mail or the telegraph....for me ....slippery slope indeed

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Another for my “I‘ll believe it when I see it“ file.

Every PM/Foreign Secretary since 2010 has made the same promise, both on illegals, and reducing net migration, and each time the numbers just keep going up and up, without fail.
Talk and action are completely different things.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

both on illegals, and reducing net migration,

I just need to be clear on my views about this as I don't want to insult anyone. Migration is a great idea if done legally and a migrant is allowed residency here because they've got something to offer in terms of UK economy/jobs/skills etc.

Illegals and Asylum seekers is a different ball game though so I'll save that conversation for if someone here wants to start it.

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

Asylum seekers and refugees are fine with me if they are genuine, but when they are coming from Albania, and we are accepting them at a crazily higher rate than other countries, it all becomes a bit of a joke, it’s clear we are seen as, and are a soft touch here.

Regardless of any thoughts on Net Migration, my point is it’s been the pledge of EVERY government since 2010 to get these numbers down from hundreds of thousands, to tens of thousands, and each time the numbers go up, So they just cant be trusted to even move in the direction they promised, let alone hit targets!

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Asylum seekers and refugees are fine with me if they are genuine, but when they are coming from Albania, and we are accepting them at a crazily higher rate than other countries, it all becomes a bit of a joke, it’s clear we are seen as, and are a soft touch here.

Regardless of any thoughts on Net Migration, my point is it’s been the pledge of EVERY government since 2010 to get these numbers down from hundreds of thousands, to tens of thousands, and each time the numbers go up, So they just cant be trusted to even move in the direction they promised, let alone hit targets!

Bank holiday weekend, bit tipsy, excuse my brevity lol.

Asylum seekers and refugees are fine with me if they are genuine,

How do we determine if they are genuine?
We are not even caring for our own struggling and homeless citizens, some of whom have lived here 10-20-30-40-50 years so why do these scavenger dogs come here and get given free hotels and £100 in benefits weekly and then even had the audacity to complain because it’s not enough money/freebies for them when we’ve got our own people sleeping rough in doorways and getting 1 meal a day from a soup kitchen?

it all becomes a bit of a joke, it’s clear we are seen as, and are a soft touch here.

You’re not wrong about that!

I had a brief period of being homeless recently as some of the lads here know but I’m saying nothing more about that. What I can tell you though is that if you find yourself down on your luck as a UK citizen, and especially if you're a single man, The Govt won’t care if you’re alive, dead, or slowly dying in a ditch.

I’ve got no compassion for Asylum seekers or refugees who want to escape their own countries' problems illegally/fraudulently/with lies . Suck it up, deal with it, and stay there. The UK has had several wars and our ancestors fought the enemies on the beaches with a never surrender attitude. Our elders didn’t go looking for Mongolian caves and tropical rain forests to hide in until the UK problems went away.

Zoidberg

Zoidberg

I agree with most of that. It comes down to what you consider a refugee/asylum seeker to be, if it’s a family whose home have been flattened, I’m all for letting them bunk on our sofa until their home is fixed, but if i simply for a better life (I.e. Economic migration… nope, doesn’t work like that, apply and come here legally if that’s the case.

Also I’m with you on our own homeless, I often raise this point but get shouted down as a heartless Nazi but …. If living on the street is good enough for our people, then why do we feel the need to feed, clothe, finance and put a roof over the heads of ANY refugee? Surely allowing them into our country takes them out of the firing line, job done, duty fulfilled 🤷‍♂️. From there they can find themselves a cardboard box and a shop doorway, make themselves at home just as if they were our own.

Not sure why they get waved to the front of the queue? what makes them more important than the rest of the queue?

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I agree & most if not all my mates think the same.
As I said earlier in this thread, I cannot understand why you would think otherwise.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Not going to get too involved in this discussion for reasons of my own but what I do find a little crazy is a good friend of mine booked a very posh venue for his babies christening last year for this year.

Paid a hefty deposit and sent out all the expensive type invites and had it all arranged to a tee.

He then received an email off the venue which operates also as a hotel, 250+ rooms with the cheapest starting from £220 per night.

Reason for cancelling his party was the government have paid the venue much more than the going rate for each room and the entire hotel, filling it with asylum seekers or immigrants.

The bill must be astronomical what they are charging the government funded by the tax payer and I just sit and think, we’ve had an absolute surge in homelessness year on year on our own streets yet where was their posh hotel room free of charge and for the foreseeable future?

Angers me as I’ve known and lost a lot of good “friends” who I would often stop and chat to and help in whatever ways i could to the cold/hard streets, makes no sense.