Training Partners

darrenG10

darrenG10

Sounds like a sensible move mate.
I thought Gordon was excellent & a nice guy as well.
Hope it works out for you.
Let me know how you get on.
Thanks for letting me know really appreciate It

But few questions mate
Did you get free physio or need to go private after and did you pay £4000 including mri and consultation the whole lot and would I need to pay more if mine is worse

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member

But few questions mate
Did you get free physio or need to go private after and did you pay £4000 including mri and consultation the whole lot and would I need to pay more if mine is worse
I got physio free through my work at the time.
4k was consultancies before & i think there was 2 after surgery, the surgery itself & hospital costs. I had surgery in the afternoon was overnight in hospital & got out following afternoon. The hospital costs are the most expensive part.
He didn't think it was necessary for an mri when i explained the problem. He said he would repair any damage that was there during surgery.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
My shoulder was really bad mate. The labrum was completely detached from the bone at the front & held on by a thread at the back. There was basically nothing holding my shoulder joint in place. I actually narrowed my collar bone because the joint was constantly bumping against it.

darrenG10

darrenG10

I got physio free through my work at the time.
4k was consultancies before & i think there was 2 after surgery, the surgery itself & hospital costs. I had surgery in the afternoon was overnight in hospital & got out following afternoon. The hospital costs are the most expensive part.
He didn't think it was necessary for an mri when i explained the problem. He said he would repair any damage that was there during surgery.
All definitely go for consultation I don’t think nhs would refer be but I could even try asking he seems the best surgeon thanks too you being a legend and mentioning it absolutely grateful honestly appreciated

darrenG10

darrenG10

My shoulder was really bad mate. The labrum was completely detached from the bone at the front & held on by a thread at the back. There was basically nothing holding my shoulder joint in place. I actually narrowed my collar bone because the joint was constantly bumping against it.
Honestly this is motivation mate that you got full recovery and can train and sorry for asking so many questions but did you train heavy or Change your style because look a freak still huge shoulders gives me motivation as like us all we love too lift and I don’t want to give up yet lol

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

But few questions mate

Mate, you're so fucked up you're going to need Terminator style robotic reconstruction for big bucks to get sorted out :)

As for prices, even if you had the exact same operation as Adam you're looking at a 30%-50% inflation rise now across all industry sectors. 4k is probably about 7k now.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Mate, you're so fucked up you're going to need Terminator style robotic reconstruction for big bucks to get sorted out :)

As for prices, even if you had the exact same operation as Adam you're looking at a 30%-50% inflation rise now across all industry sectors. 4k is probably about 7k now.
Not a chance can I afford that struggling with 4k consultation is £220 alone thinking if nhs refer me too Gordon as this guy isn’t getting back I honestly need something done I’m worse of than before but you are right it’s more than a labrum

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Honestly this is motivation mate that you got full recovery and can train and sorry for asking so many questions but did you train heavy or Change your style because look a freak still huge shoulders gives me motivation as like us all we love too lift and I don’t want to give up yet lol
Absolutely no problem whatsoever, I'm happy to help if I can.
I got back to lifting heavier than ever mate.
The only change I made was staying away from flat bench which started aggravating it again & there was no way I was going through it again.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

flat bench

RC damage rarely ever gets back to normal or improves long term with guys who keep doing the same movement/same weight after rehab.
DG10 is on the right track with switching styles IMO but he's got a lot of injuries/niggles for someone his age.

darrenG10

darrenG10

RC damage rarely ever gets back to normal or improves long term with guys who keep doing the same movement/same weight after rehab.
DG10 is on the right track with switching styles IMO but he's got a lot of injuries/niggles for someone his age.
Osteoarthritis I think is what I have but I’m sure we all get it as we age cartilage does wear down it’s meant too

All blood work for arthritis was negative no signs of it. No signs of bursa infection

he put
mild wear and tear in the joint
inflammation in the tendons
bicep tendon inflammation
bursitis inflammation < had this for 3 years now.
calcium is dispersing

darrenG10

darrenG10

But even the above my labrum is torn I know this for a fact as the pop and feeling of it coming out my socket and that’s damaged my cartilage I read they can misdiagnose it. First women also didn’t mention it said I had severe calcuim deposits bone spurs bursa inflammation 2 years ago and now few weeks the above and never any mention off bone spurs and tried saying it wasn’t much calcium and when getting ultrasound it was so much in my shoulder it was bad

And they said it was very strange he was shocked and said it’s like my tendon got used to the calcuim like he never seen that before and since I had it removed my shoulder has been the worst it’s ever been unbearable and loss of function and can see that shoulder is much smaller than my right which was never the case before this.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

But even the above my labrum is torn I know this for a fact as the pop and feeling of it coming out my socket and that’s damaged my cartilage I read they can misdiagnose it. First women also didn’t mention it said I had severe calcuim deposits bone spurs bursa inflammation 2 years ago and now few weeks the above and never any mention off bone spurs and tried saying it wasn’t much calcium and when getting ultrasound it was so much in my shoulder it was bad

And they said it was very strange he was shocked and said it’s like my tendon got used to the calcuim like he never seen that before and since I had it removed my shoulder has been the worst it’s ever been unbearable and loss of function and can see that shoulder is much smaller than my right which was never the case before this.

You've got some problems to sort out that's for sure. I could give you the obvious answer but I don't think you're ready to hear the nitty gritty yet mate or face up to reality..

darrenG10

darrenG10

You've got some problems to sort out that's for sure. I could give you the obvious answer but I don't think you're ready to hear the nitty gritty yet mate or face up to reality..
Quit training or get shoulder replacement id take one if nhs provided me that if my time in training is over then I will need too just take that and accept it I do prefer the truth mate always

darrenG10

darrenG10

Put ibuprofen gel and took a tablet instant range of motion improved I’ve used nothing for inflammation and the above I have inflammation that was crazy lol going too keep using and look into other things msm hasn’t helped but the above has a little.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Quit training or get shoulder replacement id take one if nhs provided me that if my time in training is over then I will need too just take that and accept it I do prefer the truth mate always

Quitting training altogether isn't an option I was hinting at but quitting bbing was for sure considering the extent of your injuries/niggles. I'm sure it has crossed your mind a few times already without me needing to give you a lecture or any advice mate.

It's a really hard mental transition quitting bbing and switching from gaining size to something else (or even other sports) but it's definitely the smart move for longevity and health/fitness when you realise your body can't take the punishment anymore. I honestly reckon you would still look like a beast if you focused more now on balance and symmetry instead of just mass/size/bodyweight/b/f% and training that way would be easier on your joints/body and avoid expensive surgeries.

darrenG10

darrenG10

Quitting training altogether isn't an option I was hinting at but quitting bbing was for sure considering the extent of your injuries/niggles. I'm sure it has crossed your mind a few times already without me needing to give you a lecture or any advice mate.

It's a really hard mental transition quitting bbing and switching from gaining size to something else (or even other sports) but it's definitely the smart move for longevity and health/fitness when you realise your body can't take the punishment anymore. I honestly reckon you would still look like a beast if you focused more now on balance and symmetry instead of just mass/size/bodyweight/b/f% and training that way would be easier on your joints/body and avoid expensive surgeries.
Yeah mate I love this post I’m done with bb for myself and going this route lightweights reps the goal of bb is over for me will keep healthy weight bf and exercise focus on stretching mobility work

I’m having to live in reality not got money for all the surgeries to fix the niggles and most of us don’t we aren’t millionaires but like you said can still enjoy other things and focus on other things and not worsen things

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Yeah mate I love this post I’m done with bb for myself and going this route lightweights reps the goal of bb is over for me will keep healthy weight bf and exercise focus on stretching mobility work

I’m having to live in reality not got money for all the surgeries to fix the niggles and most of us don’t we aren’t millionaires but like you said can still enjoy other things and focus on other things and not worsen things

You're on the right track mate. Keep lifting and enjoy it (y)

darrenG10

darrenG10

ibuprofen has worked wonders 2 days on can all ready move my shoulder it’s not 100 but it’s a huge improvement wish I stared earlier but we started now from the feedback inflammation mild wear tear hasn’t gotten worse in 2 years so this is good but don’t want it getting worse. If I can get all the inflammation down im sure I can start strengthening it more rotator cuff exercise some light pressing bring blood into the areas 30-50 rep sets. see surgeon next week hopefully will still see what’s said and I want to get hold of mri scans it will be the nhs surgeon I see though as realistically not got the funds for surgery unless it’s under nhs which I’m super grateful for all the help they do provide