Typical breakfast?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Sundays I am quite relaxed as it is rest day and more family day, I will have some form of a healthy fry up (done on the George) but through the week I am quite regimental.

Typical breakfast 2 hours before the gym is:

6 Turkey rashers and 4 scrambled eggs on 2 x sourdough bagels

60g of Mornflake oats cooked with 1/2 cup of blueberries

60g of Whey isolate in cold water

Doesn’t get boring for me and all digests really easily before training.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I'm not a big eater first thing, so I have a protein shake with cream of rice powder.

2hrs later I have scrambled egg with salmon, ham or turkey rashers.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
I'm not a big eater first thing, so I have a protein shake with cream of rice powder.

2hrs later I have scrambled egg with salmon, ham or turkey rashers.
Not tried this cream of rice yet mate but nearly everyone I know is using it now days.

Which brand do you use mate and do you ever cook it or just neck it in your shake?

Hearing CSN are the best?

Bonus

Bonus

Administrator
Staff member
Turkey bacon & Veg omelette
2 slices of turkey bacon
50g sliced mushrooms
3 asparagus spears
3 spring onions
1 large egg
5 egg whites
Grated low fat parmesan.

Heat non-stick frying pan.
Add a tiny amount of oil (I use Avocado oil).
Cook the turkey bacon (1 min each side) then remove & set aside and slice into small strips.
Cook the veg (approx. 3 mins), may need another small splash of oil.
Whisk up egg & whites with a fork and chuck into pan with the veg.
After a few mins when the eggs are pretty much cooked, top with the sliced turkey bacon and grate over some parmesan before folding.
kCal
Protein
Carbs
Fat
283​
35​
8​
12​
IMG 0779
Need to pack in more protein? Experiment with more egg whites? Approx 4g of protein each.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Looks tasty @Bonus

I still cheat with my omelettes and grill one side because I still haven’t mastered the fold lol.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Not tried this cream of rice yet mate but nearly everyone I know is using it now days.

Which brand do you use mate and do you ever cook it or just neck it in your shake?

I use the Complete Strength brand.
Always blend it mate, easy & quick.

G

GB123

Bowl of golden syrup oats with protein powder mixed into the dried oats then add milk and have it cold

darrenG10

darrenG10

Right now first meal is mass gainer with 1litre of skim milk 1 bannna 80g calories are 1600.

charliethomas

charliethomas

Administrator
Staff member
100g Oats, Almond Milk, Honey

Winnie The Pooh Honey GIF

ImJOE

ImJOE

3 full eggs on toast
1 pot of gold nutrition english breakfast
2x scoops of nxt beef isolate protein shake
1x scoop of applied nutrition cyclic dextrin

Mindtomuscle

Overnight oats are amazing can add all sorts of stuff in there
Smoothies
Poached egg and brown toast are my go to

Bensif

Bensif

I train fasted (although I have intra carbs), so my first meal on training days is post workout.

It is always turkey breast mince, cream of rice and sea salt. Basic, but works.

On a high day, I have the same foods but also include an additional 100g of low fat cereal.

Rest days for me are lower in carbs and higher in fats, so a typical meal 1 looks like this:

150g flank steak
2 whole eggs
Either 200g egg whites or a 100g lean burger
2 pieces of wholemeal toast
Red peppers, courgette and onion

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

I've got no appetite when I first get up so it's usually just a serving of fruit, small bowl of low sugar cereal like oats or granola with some greek yogurt.

Bensif

Bensif

I've got no appetite when I first get up so it's usually just a serving of fruit, small bowl of low sugar cereal like oats or granola with some greek yogurt.
Ironically that is literally my last meal of the day! 250g skyr / 0% greek yoghurt, 20-30g of museli or granola and some frozen fruits

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Ironically that is literally my last meal of the day! 250g skyr / 0% greek yoghurt, 20-30g of museli or granola and some frozen fruits

It works well for a first or final light meal. Very bland and easy to eat. Decent protein intake and a mixture of slow and quick carbs.

Dbol Squirrel

Dbol Squirrel

First meal of the day for me is midday.
I've been intermittent fasting for over a year now.
Game changer.
Feel so much better and there's enough science now to show boosts to immunity and lifespan.

For me break-fast is a large organic smoothie with banana, nuts and seeds, super green powders, flax and coconut oils, cacao beans, frozen spinach (keeps smoothie cold), ginger root and cinnamon.

First solid food about 3pm.
Finish all eating by 8pm.
😊

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
First meal of the day for me is midday.
I've been intermittent fasting for over a year now.
Game changer.
Feel so much better and there's enough science now to show boosts to immunity and lifespan.

For me break-fast is a large organic smoothie with banana, nuts and seeds, super green powders, flax and coconut oils, cacao beans, frozen spinach (keeps smoothie cold), ginger root and cinnamon.

First solid food about 3pm.
Finish all eating by 8pm.
😊
How many calories do you get in during that 5 hours?