Your drive

Mindtomuscle

We all have set backs, injuries
but what really drives you to keep going?
What makes you get up at 4/5/6 am or what ever time it is when it’s pissing down to go for a cycle or gym

Or what makes you not given in on diet when all you really want is a Macy’s or a bag of sweets etc

Just wondered that’s all

darrenG10

darrenG10

The love of lifting the iron the pump the way it makes me feel afterwards the adrenaline

I will lift until I die

L

Littletodd

To be honest when I’m driving from work to the gym at 6pm I’d rather go straight home but once I get in there and start I love it and feel much better for it after

But I wouldn’t consider myself motivated to train by any means, just something that I accept as part of my life and I enjoy to some degree, been training 10 years now so to stop would leave a massive void that I’d end up filling with all the wrong things lol

L

Littletodd

The love of lifting the iron the pump the way it makes me feel afterwards the adrenaline

I will lift until I die
And yeah agreed that pump is an amazing feeling, especially on back day when you leave feeling 10ft wide

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
I enjoy it, it really is that simple for me.
Been training for 30 years, never had an issue with motivation. I still look forward to going to the gym.
It's a way of life for me.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Same for me Adam, it has never ever felt like a chore or “get that out the way” feeling.

My drive is to improve myself continuously, whether that’s numbers, mirrors, scales, mentally it is the best thing for me and always has been

An hour down the gym can wipe away a full days stress/crap

I like to train as early as possible, sets me up for a great day ahead

S

Sidlittle

I can't imagine not training. I'm a mess mentally and physically if I don't. It's part of who I am.

T

Thecoms

I love the banter in my gym , good mix of people. Love it when my weights go up it is an achievement. Love when I start a new cycle , gets me buzzing …

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

Years ago it was all about going all out and being as house status as I could.
Nowadays with my conditions, it's about staying as fit as I can and just being "the best version" of myself 😅

Bensif

Bensif

Honestly for me, training is therapy. It's the time when I can clear my mind, think through things, contemplate issues that may be bothering me. So for me, I look forward to getting up at 4:30 to train.

That and I really, really love to eat.

Dbol Squirrel

Dbol Squirrel

TBH sometimes its bloody hard.
Esp working out alone.
So for me it's three things.
1. Imagining the comments I'll get from others.
2. The sense of pride for my achievements.
3. Knowing what a hard time I'll give myself if I don't.

I think you need the carrot AND the stick.
Just don't spend more than about 20% of time focused on the stick.
Lol