Childhood Memories

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

There seems to be a fair few dinosaurs on here from bygone times but regardless of what era you're from please post about stuff you remember from the old days in your life.

I'll start with....

Hqdefault

Rdavisipad

Rdavisipad

Being dirt poor
Getting into fights at school

You know.... all the good stuff

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Fingering a girl and then getting a mate to smell your fingers to prove you've had some snatch lol

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

The most indestructible creation the world has ever known 😂

I still use a budget phone like that if I need to travel instead of my android iphone etc.
No touch screen to damage, no internet data plan and apps etc, no bluetooth and wireless tech, no high price tag to buy one, and a battery life of about 2 weeks.
Sometimes the simplest things in life are the best.
£20 from Tesco or Asda and no contract. (y)

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

A bike I always wanted as a teen but could never afford it so I had to get a grifter instead lol

Burner

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

From the days before digital audio.....I give you the retro Sony Walkman and cassette tapes.
I always thought tapes (and vinyl) were really cool and I've noticed they're getting popular and collectible again now.

360 walkman 0630

Download 1

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Still got all my old records in the loft, hundreds of them

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Still got all my old records in the loft, hundreds of them

Are you interested in selling them all as a job lot mate? Are they in decent condition with picture/photo sleeves/inserts? Any white labels/coloured vinyl? I'm interested in anything retro from late 70s to late 80's, possibly very early 90s too.

B

BertyB

From the days before digital audio.....I give you the retro Sony Walkman and cassette tapes.
I always thought tapes (and vinyl) were really cool and I've noticed they're getting popular and collectible again now.

View attachment 205

View attachment 206
Never had a Sony... had a sky master or something it was called.. think it was by Phillip's. Remember thinking it was knackered because the songs sounded funny and slurred.. my dad put new batteries in and 'fixed' it...Haha

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Raleigh Burner.. proper smart BMX. You seen the price on those bad boys now..

80s memorabilia is really starting to skyrocket in price now mate. Good time to start buying/investing/collecting if you've got kids/family and want to leave them a financial legacy for their futures.
Cabbage patch dolls & cheap toys etc are selling for 50k-100k at auction these days. WTF !!!
Video games (atari etc) are just the same.
Nobody is interested in cassettes yet but I reckon they will be worth serious dosh sooner or later ;)

Last edited:
ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
Are you interested in selling them all as a job lot mate? Are they in decent condition with picture/photo sleeves/inserts? Any white labels/coloured vinyl? I'm interested in anything retro from late 70s to late 80's, possibly very early 90s too.
All of the above, all originals, mainly punk from the 80's.
Couldn't part with them though mate, too many memories attached to them.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

All of the above, all originals, mainly punk from the 80's.
Couldn't part with them though mate, too many memories attached to them.

Anything by the Damned/Dead Kennedys/Pistols?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

If you've got this on the limited edition EP pink 10" vinyl I've got a client with 25k waiting.

Last edited:
ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member
From memory,

Dead Kennedys singles, Holiday, Kill the poor and Too Drunk.
Album Fresh Fruit.

Pistols singles, Pretty vacant, God save the Queen,(not A&M) Holidays in the sun, Something else, Cmon everybody, Silly Thing and My way.
Album Bollocks & Sid Sings

Smash it up by the Damned.

I may have others but they are in boxes in the loft.

Last edited:
Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

You might be sitting on a small goldmine mate. I'd get them valued independently if I were you or possibly auction them (public not ebay).