Your last meal was ?

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Basically beef protein isolate, heated then used to make jelly mate. Dead easy.

per 300ml pot:
calories 78,
fat 0.3g
carbs 0.3g
protein 18.3g.

great if you have a sweet tooth like me.

recipe,
dissolve 120g beef isolate in 1L cold water.
add 1g vitamin C powder.

heat to just under boiling point. once hot add 5 packs ASDA no sugar strawberry jelly And stir to dissolve. Then add 800ml cold water. Divide into 8 300ml portions and cool in the fridge until set.

That seems like a lot of faffing about to me but it's a good idea if it helps you to consume protein in a palatable way for your taste buds (y)
I prefer savoury/sour/salty/acidic/plain flavours myself these days but that's probably because I'm getting "bitter" in my senior years lol

I don't like sweet food much anymore. It makes me teeth hurt just thinking about it :sick:

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Take them out then mate and stick them in that glass of water next to your bed,

Watch your back at the next Ironsport Xmas party ya twat. There's a knuckle butty heading your way for that insult lol 👊

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
That seems like a lot of faffing about to me but it's a good idea if it helps you to consume protein in a palatable way for your taste buds (y)
I prefer savoury/sour/salty/acidic/plain flavours myself these days but that's probably because I'm getting "bitter" in my senior years lol

I don't like sweet food much anymore. It makes me teeth hurt just thinking about it :sick:
It takes me about 14 minutes to make 8 portions of protein jelly. If you think that is a lot of faff you would hate my Monday evenings. Each week on a Monday I spend around 2-3 on food prep. Lol. eg. For lunches this week I made my bulking bolognaise… 51g protein, 17g fat, 24g carbs per portion.

Sometimes Getting the calories in can be a struggle so I need to make sure it is via stuff I enjoy.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

via stuff I enjoy.

That's all that really matters at the end of the day regardless of other peoples opinions.

On a side note about Protein Jelly...there's a potential big business there on the same scale as MyP if you've got the time and passion to build it like Oliver did with MyP and James did with Huel ;)

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Couple of plain jacobs crackers and two slices of tiger bread.

Come down with some nasty bug AGAIN

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Putting aside illness, I have random days when I literally don’t even want to eat food.
Saturday last week for example, I had a WPC/Oat/Banana shake for brekky at 6am and then didn’t eat again until 8pm and all I had in the 8pm meal was a tin of tomato soup and 4 slices of bread with loads of salted butter. I have a lot of random strange days like this lately when I lose all interest in food and I have to force down very bland meals (like crackers/crumpets and nut butter etc) to ensure I don’t start losing loads of muscle. Plain boiled white rice with petit pois, sweet corn, and shredded chicken is a lifesaver meal for me when I can’t eat.

I’m actually starting to think I might have a serious health condition as it’s not normal to have no interest in eating food.

ADAM1

ADAM1

Staff member

Hopefully you get over it quicker than me mate, 2 weeks to see improvement, drove me insane.

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
1 portion of chicken and beef bolognaise with pasta: P: 59.6g, F:20.1g, C: 27.7g.
1 protein jelly: P 18.8g, F: 0g, C:2.2g
1 orange: p: 1.3g, F0.2g, C16.6g.

Totals, Protein: 79.7g, Fat: 20.12, Carbs: 46.5g.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
225g sirloin
150g roast potatoes
5 sprigs of asparagus

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

1 portion of chicken and beef bolognaise with pasta: P: 59.6g, F:20.1g, C: 27.7g.
1 protein jelly: P 18.8g, F: 0g, C:2.2g
1 orange: p: 1.3g, F0.2g, C16.6g.

Totals, Protein: 79.7g, Fat: 20.12, Carbs: 46.5g.

That's calorie counting to the extreme mate but I respect you for putting that much effort into your diet o_O

Are you comp level ?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
That's calorie counting to the extreme mate but I respect you for putting that much effort into your diet o_O

Are you comp level ?
Gotta be done whatever the level imo bud, best results I’ve seen are when I’ve tracked food and macros to a tee.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Gotta be done whatever the level imo bud, best results I’ve seen are when I’ve tracked food and macros to a tee.

I generally just go by what I see in the mirror week to week and I'm not overly critical about how I look but I understand your point for those who have a focus on b/f % and visible abs etc.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

5 sprigs of asparagus

Continuing down our friendly path of taking the piss/sense of humour etc...there's no such thing as a "sprig" of asparagus ya plonker. It's either a stalk, or a spear, or a head if you're only eating the tip. "Sprig" is a term used for herbs (parsley, mint, thyme etc).

:p

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Continuing down our friendly path of taking the piss/sense of humour etc...there's no such thing as a "sprig" of asparagus ya plonker. It's either a stalk, or a spear, or a head if you're only eating the tip. "Sprig" is a term used for herbs (parsley, mint, thyme etc).

:p
You learn something new everyday lol

5 whole pieces then or whatever you wanna call it

Very nice either way

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

10oz Turkey & Veg Burger. Sweet Potato Wedges. Bean Salad.