Your last meal was ?

TreneBrahh

TreneBrahh

Yes mate, I am making assumptions based on previous posts. The last time I chatted with trenebrahh in this thread he had just eaten 2 weetabix and a whey shake. This thread is not an argument though and I'm not pushing for seriousness.

Pretty much anything I post on here now is just to try and keep this forum alive/active...

It's a fair enough question mate. No I'm not competing. I'm about 15% bf at the moment and I'm trying just lose a few % from practically perma bulking over the past 10 years. I tend to hold all my fat in my lower-ab's and trying to just loss a bit of the fat. I plan on going back to bulking again probably by the end of March. I don't like starving myself like this but I have to overwise I'll be here for months dieting when I don't want to be.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

@Functional Fitness how’s the tooth?

We have emergency dentist where I am, prices are spot on and fit you in any evening all set price regardless of the treatment needed.

Have you checked to see if there’s one in your local area?

The pain has gone now but I think I need to register with a regular dentist and get check ups so I don't have to mess around with the NHS emergency hotline again. My teeth have started feeling a bit sensitive over the last few years and that's odd as I don't eat much sweet/sugary food. The root of the problem tooth from last week is still embedded in my gum though and will probably need extracting in hospital. Time to start caring about my teeth a bit more !

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Breakfast coming up and it will be

2 x tins of tuna steak with salt and pepper

“Fake-away” Fajita sauce mixed in with a side salad (the sauce is one of those zero calorie type things)

4 egg omelette with cherry toms and onion

Zero calorie ketchup drizzled over the omelette

Brings me on the topic that’s been going round my head and I know FF had tuna sandwiches the other day but is Tuna not so popular in this sport anymore?

When I started out it was more a staple than chicken breast was, heck you even had those old timers who drank Diet Coke and a tin of tuna or with lime cordial lol

99p a can for the Aldi steak not flakes stuff

2 x tins is pushing in 50g of protein there and I love the stuff, just never seem to see folk including tuna much these days in their diets.

It’s cheap, it’s nice and it’s great protein.

Or are too many now just following the same type of copy n paste diets from these online coaches where it’s all ground beef and Turkey mince etc?

Bit of a strange brekky that mate lol

I stopped eating tuna for a couple of years after getting bored with it and switching to tinned mackerel instead but I like it again now in moderation. The key point with any long term healthy meal plan is variety and not trying to force down the same food every day.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Chicken and Chorizo stir fry, loads of veg, whole wheat noodles, 1xpitta bread. No sweet/sugary sauces. Just sesame oil for added flavour. Yummy !

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

My last meal today before a 24 hour fasting/liquid diet had to be something yummy/different so I went with an old comfort food favourite.

1 box fish (80%) fingers, tin of mushy peas, portion of mashed spuds, all served inside a big baguette with salad cream on top (y)

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Plus a shake of 1 x scoop of Time4 Nutrition (raspberry ripple)

6A69C8F6 DA6D 41E7 BBCA 8C98C5623764

K

Kompany4

Staff member
My last meal today before a 24 hour fasting/liquid diet had to be something yummy/different so I went with an old comfort food favourite.

1 box fish (80%) fingers, tin of mushy peas, portion of mashed spuds, all served inside a big baguette with salad cream on top (y)
You tried the birdseye battered fishfingers?

Bloody Devine, p*** all over the traditional breadcrumb ones mate

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

You tried the birdseye battered fishfingers?

Bloody Devine, p*** all over the traditional breadcrumb ones mate

I love those battered ones mate and all fish fingers but I only eat one brand now.

"Chunky" fish fingers in crumb from Sainsbury. 6 fat/long fingers per box. About £3.75 per box so not as cheap as regular fish fingers but well worth the additional cost vs nutritional content.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Traditional Full English.

Smoked bacon, cumberland sausage, fried egg, beans, tinned tomato, black pudding, mushrooms, toast, skimmed milk.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
E3798376 1C3E 448A 9EF8 4F95D8C1C339
71 grams protein and nice and filling, mixed the scoop of whey in with the yoghurt before pouring over the strawberries.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

71 grams protein and nice and filling, mixed the scoop of whey in with the yoghurt before pouring over the strawberries.

Filling? Really? I doubt that mate. Where's the carbs?
I know you're on the road to abs but eating like this must be having a big impact on energy levels/training intensity?

K

Kompany4

Staff member
Filling? Really? I doubt that mate. Where's the carbs?
I know you're on the road to abs but eating like this must be having a big impact on energy levels/training intensity?
Honestly mate 500g of a thick yoghurt like that mixed with a scoop of whey is actually more filling than my usual carb heavy brekky, quite surprised.

I train fasted most days around 4am now, energy nor intensity levels have dropped whatsoever, cardio output has even gone up 10 minutes per session as of Sunday.

I have carbs with my final meal before bed.

By the way this isn’t a carb free diet, it’s totally calorie counting and I’m mixing and playing around with meals still.

Seems to be working a treat though.

K

Kompany4

Staff member
2BA09B60 6141 4EE3 9E94 0819EDC5F9A8
70 odd grams of protein, nice and tasty, well seasoned and leaves plenty of calories for final meals later on.

Energy great, granted I’m having the odd sugar free monster or red bull here and there but I’m not a coffee drinker and when I say odd can, this is probably one every few days more to help fill the gap.

Six litres of water also going in, peeing like a camel but my mindset is well and truly in the zone and enjoying my first true/proper “cut” ever…… at times lol

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Chick pea and apple salad, crispy bacon, chilli mayo dressing, WPI shake.

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

Which brand or company are you using these days out of interest?

I've got a bag of WPI from MyP that I've had since 2015. Smells a bit funny/chemical now but I paid for it so I'm going to use it lol :)
No chance would I ever buy from MyP these days though unless they get realistic with their prices...

Functional Fitness

Functional Fitness

My last/first meal today was a weird one but I'm setting myself up for another cycling challenge this morning.

WPC in water, dextrose, maltodextrin, ovaltine, 6 bananas, grilled cheese and brown rice wholewheat toastie, triple espresso made with vanilla ice cream.

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
Last night before bed: 1 can of mackerel fillets, 200g ASDA fat free protein yogurt with 1X home made protein jelly.

M

MattBBMF

Staff member
Genuine question. WTF is home made protein jelly ???
Basically beef protein isolate, heated then used to make jelly mate. Dead easy.

per 300ml pot:
calories 78,
fat 0.3g
carbs 0.3g
protein 18.3g.

great if you have a sweet tooth like me.

recipe,
dissolve 120g beef isolate in 1L cold water.
add 1g vitamin C powder.

heat to just under boiling point. once hot add 5 packs ASDA no sugar strawberry jelly And stir to dissolve. Then add 800ml cold water. Divide into 8 300ml portions and cool in the fridge until set.